Ok So It Did Not Work Out....now What?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys.....I did not intend to create a firestorm of insults and disrespect.

The whole senario is hypothetical and nowhere am I directly involved with any of this.

I was just curious about the scenario.

My apologies if anyone takes offense.....

Actually Dali-Dali, we appreciate you posting some thought provoking questions. As you may have

notice, this forum is somewhat conservative with members here replying with sincere concerns about

maintaining a good rapport with the local Filipinos.

Keep posting sir, you're on a roll -- respectfully, Jake

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
With that said....does anyone know the legal ramifications of just walking away (right or wrong or decent or whatever) and returning to your home country?

Its done frequently. Legal ramifications? Seldom enforced if there are any. Practical ramifications? She will take anything you think you own in the Philippines, land, vehicles, money, furniture etc and it shall become hers.

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted (edited)
Actually Dali-Dali, we appreciate you posting some thought provoking questions. As you may have notice, this forum is somewhat conservative with members here replying with sincere concerns about maintaining a good rapport with the local Filipinos. Keep posting sir, you're on a roll -- respectfully, Jake

With all due respect Jake, I'm not so sure about the conservative label. The reason a lot of us have chosen Filipinas for our life partners is because of their loyalty and commitment to family. High regards for vows and promises is not only a trait of conservatives. I respect everyone's opinion, however, I still strongly believe that marriage is a sacred vow which should not be taken lightly. While I certainly do not want to offend dalidali, I think he may have some misconceptions about ladies from the Philippines. In my 20 some years of traveling to the Philippines I have found that the overwhelming majority of Filipinas seek to have a good and loving husband and in return want to be the best wife they can be. The fact that there is no legal way to obtain a divorce in the Philippines is not the primary reason for so many Filipinos staying in relationships. It is because they are raised to care for their family and to honor their commitments. This is a trait that so many men admire and want to be part of. Therefore, I submit that developing an exit strategy prior to marriage is by definition not a vow or commitment.

Respectfully, Mike

Edited by Jake
Fixed Nor Cal Mike's sentence structure
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
it's a reality of life....sometimes things do go bad and I am sure all of us can agree with that.

Reality of life.

Yesterday, I found out that a girl I know died in hospital. I did not realize it but she had been there for a week, kept alive by machines, and they finally pulled the plug yesterday because no one was around to pay the bill.

What happened? She was with a 30 something guy from the US who came here to recuperate from some war injury. While he was with her, she thought the world of him. When he told her he had to go now, she swallowed an unspecified amount of insecticide. It took her a long time to die. Her family, friends, and indeed even my wife think it is the foreigners fault. If he had never came here and promised her a better life she would still be alive. I don't agree with the logic but it is what it is. And she is still dead. She would have been 18 this month.

• Like 4

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
it's a reality of life....sometimes things do go bad and I am sure all of us can agree with that.

Reality of life.

Yesterday, I found out that a girl I know died in hospital. I did not realize it but she had been there for a week, kept alive by machines, and they finally pulled the plug yesterday because no one was around to pay the bill.

What happened? She was with a 30 something guy from the US who came here to recuperate from some war injury. While he was with her, she thought the world of him. When he told her he had to go now, she swallowed an unspecified amount of insecticide. It took her a long time to die. Her family, friends, and indeed even my wife think it is the foreigners fault. If he had never came here and promised her a better life she would still be alive. I don't agree with the logic but it is what it is. And she is still dead. She would have been 18 this month.

Such a tragedy, but I'm so glad you shared this story with us.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Actually Dali-Dali, we appreciate you posting some thought provoking questions. As you may have notice, this forum is somewhat conservative with members here replying with sincere concerns about maintaining a good rapport with the local Filipinos. Keep posting sir, you're on a roll -- respectfully, Jake

With all due respect Jake, I'm not so sure about the conservative label. The reason a lot of us have chosen Filipinas for our life partners is because of their loyalty and commitment to family. High regards for vows and promises is not only a trait of conservatives. I respect everyone's opinion, however, I still strongly believe that marriage is a sacred vow which should not be taken lightly. While I certainly do not want to offend dalidali, I think he may have some misconceptions about ladies from the Philippines. In my 20 some years of traveling to the Philippines I have found that the overwhelming majority of Filipinas seek to have a good and loving husband and in return want to be the best wife they can be. The fact that there is no legal way to obtain a divorce in the Philippines is not the primary reason for so many Filipinos staying in relationships. It is because they are raised to care for their family and to honor their commitments. This is a trait that so many men admire and want to be part of. Therefore, I submit that developing an exit strategy prior to marriage is by definition not a vow or commitment.

Respectfully, Mike

Totally agree with you -- your explanation is like poetry about Filipino family and marriage values.

Well done sir -- Jake

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well said Mike! :tiphat: What you said is very true. What I like about this forum is many members feel the same way.

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
they are raised to care for their family and to honor their commitments.

CORRECT!

when i was little i grow up with the diet that loosely translated - marriage is a commitment not to be taken lightly, its not like food that if you dont like it you spit it out. if there is problem in the marriage, you work it out - as marriage is for LIFE!

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
If he had never came here and promised her a better life she would still be alive.

i disagree the with the phrase .............. i believe the lady had it bad for his partner. its not uncommon to happen even between filipinos. a sister of friend hang herself when her filipino partner left her. they were childhood sweetheart.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
they are raised to care for their family and to honor their commitments.

CORRECT!

when i was little i grow up with the diet that loosely translated - marriage is a commitment not to be taken lightly, its not like food that if you don't like it you spit it out. if there is problem in the marriage, you work it out - as marriage is for LIFE!

Seems in this day and age, a lot of people forget or just ignore the last part of the Vow they took " Til Death us do Part" which is why mikes Litho is so meaningful.

:tiphat:

• Like 2