Ok So It Did Not Work Out....now What?

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob.....I always appreciate your input.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I believe that Q has been answered with a resounding NO, they would not come after you.

Can't be in your case, but Sweden can "come after" leaving FATHERS ECONOMICAL demanding child support, if they live in Sweden (Within the rest of EU too?) But Swedish officials can't do anything if the irresponcible father live OUTSIDE Swedish jurisdiction.

(I checked a while ago concerning a case where a Swedish man live still in PHILI, where SWEDEN can't force him. (In that case, he DO pay some, but not regular.))

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The law is the same the world round...

Unless Country A and Country B have a reciprocal agreement, there is nothing that can be done once a person leaves his country.  Of course, their passport will eventually expire and they will either have to go home or go to the embassy who may just hold onto the person until they are sent home.  The only way around that is to take citizenship in what ever country the guilty bugger wants to live.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The law is the same the world round...

Unless Country A and Country B have a reciprocal agreement, there is nothing that can be done once a person leaves his country.  Of course, their passport will eventually expire and they will either have to go home or go to the embassy who may just hold onto the person until they are sent home.  The only way around that is to take citizenship in what ever country the guilty bugger wants to live.

In the start topic case it was OPPOSITE situation = "Run" to HOME country.

--

Off topic:

There are many living long time without or with false documents too. Or just bribe the police  :)

I don't know if his passport have expired, but the wife, who he has left without support, taking their daughter too (!!!) say her American husband is wanted in USA, but he avoid to be send there by just bribe the police where he live... (In Manila or somewhere north.)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Put any country in you want... It's all the same.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Put any country in you want... It's all the same.

But the important difference is he talked about leaving Phili moving TO his HOME country. There he don't need any passport  :)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I pulled this from a blog so I can't post the source but I believe it's correct. I think it covers all the possibilities. This applies to general situations for informational purposes, it's not intended as legal advice:

"Filipino-Filipina married in US (marriage not reported) divorce in US.

--Both can remarry in Philippines as NSO shows them single
--Both can remarry in US as they have valid divorce papers
**Serious legal problems can occur if Philippines discovers the previous marriage.

Filipino-Filipina married and marriage registered with NSO divorce in US.
--Neither can remarry in Philippines until they complete a Philippine annulment

UScitizen-Filipino/a married and marriage registered with NSO divorce in US.
--IF divorce filed by USC & the divorce is properly reported to NSO (possibly need Judicial Recognition),
**Both can remarry in Philippines as they have valid divorce papers
**Both can remarry in US as they have valid divorce papers
--IF divorce filed by USC & the divorce is NOT properly reported to NSO
**Neither can remarry in Philippines until they complete a Philippine annulment or properly report the divorce (An NSO CENOMAR is required for a foreign national to marry in Philippines)
--IF divorce filed by Filipino
**Neither can remarry in Philippines until they complete a Philippine annulment. (An NSO CENOMAR is required for a foreign national to marry in Philippines)

USCitizen-USCitizen married and marriage NOT registered with NSO divorce in US.
--Both can remarry in Philippines as NSO CENOMAR will show their status as SINGLE

USCitizen-USCitizen married and marriage registered with NSO divorce in US.
--Neither can remarry in Philippines until they complete a Philippine annulment or properly report the divorce (An NSO CENOMAR is required for a foreign national to marry in Philippines)
--Both can remarry in US as they have valid divorce papers.

The Philippine Supreme Court has recognized that the situation of a foreign national being able to remarry due to a divorce valid in another country while the Philippine ex-spouse remains legally married is 'ridiculous', so there are legal remedies. The simplest being to file annulment in Philippines."

• Like 3

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Congrats Dalidali.  FYI:  The Philippine Law your are probably interested in is RA #9262 "Anti Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004."  It defines a father's failure to give economic support to his children and their mother  (assuming he has the means to do so) a criminal offense.  Because it is punishable by a year in prison, this makes failure to give child support an extraditable offense according to the US-Phils extradition treaty.  If the father resides in the Phils, he can be prevented from leaving. The catch-22 is that a woman in need of support will not likely have the means to pursue an extradition case .  Again congratulations.