Cost Of Living Comparables

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
it seems to me what ever the cost is compared to where ever you live, its all worth moving still to the phils

Interesting thought. It is surely worth it for you and many here. It occurred to me that I have met and got to know hundreds of expats in my time here. (Many more but I am not counting the ones who are seasonal, only the ones who lived here) Of those, about 5% have lived here until they died here, about 15% have lived here for 3 to 10 years and then repatriated for whatever reason. Another 5% or so left after about a year because it just was not for them. Of the 75% who are left, it seems to me that about a third of these live here and bitch about it all the time. Another third live here but the jury is still out (they may stay or go at any time). The final third (which works out to about 25% of the hundreds of expats I have met here) totally agree with you and enjoy every day living here. They would not even consider going anywhere else. Where do I fit in? I'm with the bunch that may stay or go at any time if there are greener pastures somewhere else.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i dont want to get in the situation, moan moan moan all the time, yes its a dream or plan what ever you want to call it, but if i dont get there its down to myself, things may change other places may come into view, all i know is that england will not be my home in the near future, its just knowing that you have all the funds in place to move where ever you think is right for you and your family at that time, over looking a beautiful whte beach, a dream, i dont want that but a view i would like, there is one thing i know i dont want that is to live in a built up area with no land between you and your neighbour