Olympics Coverage In Philippines

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Whatever happens, you certainly have, unlike another topic Today, Got Balls. I wish you well on your Venture.
:hystery:

Thanks Jack.. You got me laughing from this line :th_thbestpost: on through. Great sensor of humor and always appreciated. The Olympics is easy to fit in while trading stocks (watching them fall really) overnight, flipping Cebuano flash cards, 4 am jogging with my girl, singing karaoke with the family and the other 24 things going. I'm good at multi-tasking like that & actually I've really slowed down since moving here in April to enjoy this SLOWER PACE of BALLS to the WALL FUN. Now Markham has made me complete, especially with the ability to record. If I finish getting that figured out (tonight maybe) I'll watch the Olympics over the next couple months. :dance:

Since I'm sober... I'll also comment on the other topic. Family employees: My primary objective is HAVE FUN & LEARN first. :cheersty: Then I'm hoping to help out the FAMILY; that will reap unbuyable benefits in my opinion from both them and MY GIRL. No matter the outcome of the business itself I think this objective is already met. FINALLY, if the size of my gonads REALLY PAYS off my bank account will improve as well. If it doesn't, oh well. I would rather have a full heart than a full wallet. :thumbsup:

On a very personal and serious level I have to say that in the last 6 months my Filipina and I have progressed through 5 years of couple's GROWING & BONDING activities... VERY much to my surprise I have had to learn and grow as much as she regarding cultural and non-cultural issues. At the END and BEGINNING of each day I AM MORE HAPPY now than EVER in my LIFE. Somehow each day is getting even better.

Anyway, THE OLYMPICS!!! Yes, I really like that I can get to see some!!!! THANKS MARKHAM - the programs and your instructions are all working out well for ME.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Whatever happens, you certainly have, unlike another topic Today, Got Balls. I wish you well on your Venture.
:hystery:

If it doesn't, oh well. I would rather have a full heart than a full wallet. :thumbsup:

At the END and BEGINNING of each day I AM MORE HAPPY now than EVER in my LIFE. Somehow each day is getting even better.

Hello GregZ,

Such a profound statement of the heart young man! Your trials and tribulation and eventually lifetime

achievements deserves a gold medal.

Well done sir -- Jake

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It's on NBC so you can watch it here for free - http://www.ustvnow.com. No proxy or software required. I've had good luck with this site.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Great ..... thanks MikeB just added that to my viewing pleasure ...... :AddEmoticons04230: :tiphat:

Markham
Posted
Posted

Now Markham has made me complete, especially with the ability to record. If I finish getting that figured out (tonight maybe) I'll watch the Olympics over the next couple months. :dance:

Be aware though that the streams are DRM-encoded and will expire after a given number of days. Once expired, they will no longer be playable. Also they are mostly in HD format so be prepared for some fairly large downloads!

THANKS MARKHAM - the programs and your instructions are all working out well for ME.

You're very welcome!

• Like 3

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

thanks mike & mark, i guess i have a week left to now start watching it with better tools ;)

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

You need to download and install "Expat Shield" which, when enabled in your browser, gives you an IP Address in London. You then go to the BBC iPlayer site and download and install iPlayer. If you're not familiar with this program, you can either watch the program streams "live" or you can record them to your hard disk and play them (via iPlayer) at a later time. Then simply select the stream you want from the BBC Sports site.

I downloaded and installed Expat shield but it does not seem to work? It just shows a window with the message "Authenticating"?

Maybe as I'm using SmartBro which uses dynamic IP's?

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I downloaded and installed Expat shield but it does not seem to work? It just shows a window with the message "Authenticating"? Maybe as I'm using SmartBro which uses dynamic IP's?

I'm not an Expat pro but have used the SmartBro a bit and recently changed to DSL. Possibly the Bro doesn't have the bandwidth to keep up with what you are trying to do. I suggest that if you can hook to a faster connection (broadband) for a while and the problem goes away you will know the source. Without something with a little higher data rate? Maybe at your lowest internet traffic rate time? I'd like to know if you learn anything on this.

Browsers seem to make a difference in the Philippines also. I used Firefox exclusively before living here in Cebu. Google Chrome has more stability for me here. I still use Firefox because of all the add-ons, but when having trouble fire up Chrome and limit the number of tabs and other apps running.

On the NBC link: It works just fine for me except when Olympics time comes. Because I am in either in the Philippines or England (if running Expat) and viewing is limited to inside USA with them?

So many moving parts here I forgot some. 1%20%28103%29.gif The BBC site player is requiring too many resources to run well for me so I've resorted to the downloads. iPlayer seemed to not like me for some reason and with my lack of attention span I've moved on to Windows Media Player downloads. I'll know in 3 hours when the download finishes...

HAPPY SURFING

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It's on NBC so you can watch it here for free - http://www.ustvnow.com. No proxy or software required. I've had good luck with this site.

Mike, how are you using ustvnow? On your computer or direct on your TV or with a box like the Roku or??? Just curious.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
On the NBC link: It works just fine for me except when Olympics time comes. Because I am in either in the Philippines or England (if running Expat) and viewing is limited to inside USA with them?

Yea, I'm confused. It will only work now when I use my VPN service, when I connect w/o it no go. It wasn't like that before but if you use VPN it will work. I'm watching the UFC on FOX now.

It says it's available only to US citizens living abroad but how do they know? From theFAQs:

Who is eligible for our US TV Plans?

USTVNow's service is available only to American citizens (by birth or naturalization) and hold a United States passport or Green Card for permanent residence while they are in foreign countries. It is available in the U.S. through cable company partners.

I have never found a good free VPN.

• Like 1