Appliances,furniture,etc Etc

Bundy
Posted
Posted

I have one just the same Bundy ..... must be sisters ..... :hystery: ...... while I generally give her free reign I have to occasionally step in and explain that cheap is not always better .... but I do get a kick on her coming back home all excited about a bargain she found and say something like "see ... just p100" .... and of coarse I praise her .... by the way she does a wonderful job of shopping ... even though I'm with her I could not do better myself ...... :thumbsup: ..... I really get tickled when she deals with the Chinese and asked for tawad .... I have to turn away to keep from smiling because as you know Chinese are not good at making tawad .... but she did manage to get p50 off my sunglasses video recorder yesterday ..... and that was an accomplishment ..... :dance: :thumbsup: ...... :cheersty:

Yes indeed, they do sound alike and just like you, my biggest problem is convincing her that cheap is not always good.Especially when it comes to electrical appliances here.She bought an electic kettle from Gaisano once and was so happy with the low price, it lasted 1 day! :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Shoes are another one, she'll look for the cheapest shoes which fall apart the same day you buy them.

Mate, if this is all we have to complain about in our lives, then we're doing pretty well IMO.

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Shopping shopping and shopping, oh my dearest Lord what a waste of time for me!!!

My head is too delicate to keep on suffering this torture...Now days i drive her where ever she wants and i just point her the coffee shop i will be waiting. I get my kindle, my sunglasses and lay there until i feel bored so i text her "hon i gave you money for shopping...not to dissapear"

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Shopping shopping and shopping, oh my dearest Lord what a waste of time for me!!!

My head is too delicate to keep on suffering this torture...Now days i drive her where ever she wants and i just point her the coffee shop i will be waiting. I get my kindle, my sunglasses and lay there until i feel bored so i text her "hon i gave you money for shopping...not to disappear"

:unsure: :no: mm a little male chauvinism here Joe i think but each to his own i guess. :)

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have one just the same Bundy ..... must be sisters ..... :hystery: ...... while I generally give her free reign I have to occasionally step in and explain that cheap is not always better .... but I do get a kick on her coming back home all excited about a bargain she found and say something like "see ... just p100" .... and of coarse I praise her .... by the way she does a wonderful job of shopping ... even though I'm with her I could not do better myself ...... :thumbsup: ..... I really get tickled when she deals with the Chinese and asked for tawad .... I have to turn away to keep from smiling because as you know Chinese are not good at making tawad .... but she did manage to get p50 off my sunglasses video recorder yesterday ..... and that was an accomplishment ..... :dance: :thumbsup: ...... :cheersty:

My wife will often times come back grocery shopping way over-budget. Usually it's the buy one, get one free

items that will give me high blood. The first item was never needed to begin with.....go figure!

Hey Mike S, perhaps you can give us a field report on your video recorder on another thread dealing with

electronics. Just make sure you have defogger on your lens before you press the record button.....he, he.

I suppose also that the microphone will pick up on your heavy breathing as well!

Go out and start stalking Marine -- Jake

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Usually it's the buy one, get one free items that will give me high blood. The first item was never needed to begin with.....go figure!

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... Tito Jake ...... now you see how the companies make their money ..... they know good and well that your gonna but something you don't need just because you get one for free ...... had someone tell me once that one thing the Philippines need was coupons ...... where you get something for nothing ..... yea right ..... YOU NEVER GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING ....... example (think I did this before) .... coupon on a box of cookies .... buy one box of My Cookies and get p20 (gonna use peso here so I'm politically correct) off your next purchase of My Cookies ..... hey good deal right ....... wrong ..... My Cookies cost p200 ..... when you buy the next box of My Cookies you will have paid p380 to save p20 ..... yup .... sounds like a bargain to me ...... in order to get 1 free box of My Cookies at p200 ....... you have to buy 10 boxes of My Cookies at a cost of p1800 to get p200 ..... or one free box of My Cookies ........ h*ll ya ...... where's them damn My Cookies ..... I wanna case ...... :mocking: :hystery: :hystery:

Yup gonna do a walk-a-bout this after noon and try it out ...... got a lot of stories to tell about it now .... but that will save till I show a video ...... damn Tito Jake ya gots good eyes to catch that info about the cam ..... don't nothing get by you ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... maybe we should start calling you Ol' Eagle-eye ....... :thumbsup: :tiphat:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Usually it's the buy one, get one free items that will give me high blood. The first item was never needed to begin with.....go figure!

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ..... Tito Jake ...... now you see how the companies make their money ..... they know good and well that your gonna but something you don't need just because you get one for free ...... had someone tell me once that one thing the Philippines need was coupons ...... where you get something for nothing ..... yea right ..... YOU NEVER GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING ....... example (think I did this before) .... coupon on a box of cookies .... buy one box of My Cookies and get p20 (gonna use peso here so I'm politically correct) off your next purchase of My Cookies ..... hey good deal right ....... wrong ..... My Cookies cost p200 ..... when you buy the next box of My Cookies you will have paid p380 to save p20 ..... yup .... sounds like a bargain to me ...... in order to get 1 free box of My Cookies at p200 ....... you have to buy 10 boxes of My Cookies at a cost of p1800 to get p200 ..... or one free box of My Cookies ........ h*ll ya ...... where's them damn My Cookies ..... I wanna case ...... :mocking: :hystery: :hystery:

Yup gonna do a walk-a-bout this after noon and try it out ...... got a lot of stories to tell about it now .... but that will save till I show a video ...... damn Tito Jake ya gots good eyes to catch that info about the cam ..... don't nothing get by you ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... maybe we should start calling you Ol' Eagle-eye ....... :thumbsup: :tiphat:

No Marine......I know when you're breathing hard when you catch my genuine brown eye.....he, he.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately my friend you will have to wait until tomorrow to see the cam .... got up to late from my nap ..... god I love being retired or is that retarded .... which ever .... I love the fact we can do what we want when we want and no timetable to keep up with .... ahhhhhhhh da life ......... :attention: :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

My head is too delicate to keep on suffering this torture...Now days i drive her where ever she wants and i just point her the coffee shop i will be waiting. I get my kindle, my sunglasses and lay there until i feel bored so i text her "hon i gave you money for shopping...not to dissapear"

Tsk, tsk, tsk ……………. That’s not very good, you are also there to admire her purchases you know, or help her decide the colour or should shed get one of each colour………….. :hystery:

You reminded me on my 1st year in UK. We went shopping at Oxford Street in London. The whole stretch of Oxford Street is shop after shop and is more than a mile long. I drag my husband at every shop on the whole stretch on one side from top to bottom then cross over the street and start all over again. This is inspite my husband telling me that the shop every few yards is own by the same company and will be likely selling the same thing. Would I listen????????????? Nope!!! And for all that effort – I didn’t find anything I like and end up going home with nothing and blisters on my feet.

I tell you, my husband was absolutely raging at me ………………… :( :hystery:

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Tsk, tsk, tsk ……………. That’s not very good, you are also there to admire her purchases you know, or help her decide the colour or should shed get one of each colour………….. :hystery:

You reminded me on my 1st year in UK. We went shopping at Oxford Street in London. The whole stretch of Oxford Street is shop after shop and is more than a mile long. I drag my husband at every shop on the whole stretch on one side from top to bottom then cross over the street and start all over again. This is inspite my husband telling me that the shop every few yards is own by the same company and will be likely selling the same thing. Would I listen????????????? Nope!!! And for all that effort – I didn’t find anything I like and end up going home with nothing and blisters on my feet.

I tell you, my husband was absolutely raging at me ………………… :( :hystery:

LOL!!!! Yeah if she could help me what color the beer would be perhaps i could tell her what color of bag she should buy too hahahahahh!!!!! Never in my life i was a shopper. If i need to buy clothes for me, there i go to the largest men's store, 15-20 min i have bought all i want. The rest online!!!

When we went to Cebu for a few days we stayed at Marco Polo, she wanted to go shopping with her friend...me and my son we both replied the same thing at the same time, leave us here in the pool and come back for dinner hahahahahahahha!!! So she did!!!!! We had a blast of a good time, she had shopping of a few "pasalubongs" which the taxi costed 5 times more hahahhaha

4 days at Cebu i only bothered going to see the magellan cross, the lapu lapu shrine take lunch with a friend to this filthy ugly and dirty restaurants by the shrine...and thank you leave me at the pool with my margaritas, beer, snacks and nice views!!!

She is getting on my side by the years though hehehhe Now i plan a trip for us to Florida and some cruising to Caribbean, she has not asked for mall, (ok it is an unaviodable procedure anyway), but more to what natural or other sites we can go, she looks online, she is asking etc....and she comes and tells me let's go visit my friend at Asheville North Carolina, told her it's a 17-20 hours driving from Miami to go to nowhere just for a visit, she replied will be fun...Lord have mercy!!! Women women!!!! nah i am pretty sure she will prefer the drive from Miami to Key West, Orlando, Port Canaveral (will check if at these dates they will have any satelite launch so they can see a unique site) and i hope really do hope she will be driving a mustang cabrio in the traffick hour down to Ocean drive Miami South Beach and me sitting on the side wearing my panama hat, enjoying a macanudo while sipping a mojito and checking the chicks and cars and bars, my son can sit back watch and learn from daddy!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
MikeeW
Posted
Posted

I was interested in the post by Jim Sibbick. I live in Leyte and find it hard to locate any furniture stores that offer decent choices. It's pretty much the same everywhere we go (standard sized shop stuffed to capacity with furniture, most of the same general quality (poor to adequate). The comments you made about having furniture made and then delivered was interesting. When I inquire at the nicer shops in Cebu, they pretty universally blow off the question as to getting the stock delivered. Pretty obvious the profits are made in selling the stuff, not getting it delivered.

I would be delighted to learn more.

If there are members who live in Leyte and have had success finding decent furniture, feel free to share.