• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

WTF! How did she get a visa? What

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
WTF! How did she get a visa? What's the real story behind this I wonder? Going to settle in Berkeley Calif I would guess.I Love USA!
I don't know what the story behind it is but as she is the victim not the perpetrator then why should she not get a visa if all requirements are met to do so?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Maybe Daniel Smith's relatives sponsored her ......... hey what the heck ...... it's been done here more than once ....... with relatives stepping in ...... also understand she fired her lawyer ....... maybe Smith is going to marry her ...... Hillary wants to give her a position in her Women's Lib Cabinet and send her on a US wide tour showing how evil service man are and why the military should be abolished ..... I can come up with all kinds of hypothecial responses ....... hahahahaha ......... but I am curious on why someone who claimed to be raped by an American service man would want to move to his home country ........

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

The real truth of this will probably be known but I still don't think it was rape. The filipino van driver who was present at the time didn't either. He was threatened and had to go into hiding. This was 75% political an 24.99% he offended her in some way. Probably by throwing her out of the van undressed.

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)
The real truth of this will probably be known but I still don't think it was rape. The filipino van driver who was present at the time didn't either. He was threatened and had to go into hiding. This was 75% political an 24.99% he offended her in some way. Probably by throwing her out of the van undressed.
Read her newest statement where she recants much of her story. What a joke this entire fiasco has been. I suspect her recantation and being issued a visa are connected. I think Smith's appeal will be resolved in his favor, he'll be released, and the VFA will be amended so this doesn't happen again. Everyone wins. Well, except for Smith, he still lost a few years of his life in this railroad job.http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/topstories/to.../Nicole-recants Edited by TheMason

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I just read the same story in the Star. So after all the political turmoil and accusations and the mayor of Davao wanting to gun him down looks like it probably happened pretty much like Smith said. I have a feeling she was put up to a lot of this by the groups that are trying to get the US out. Hopefully the appeals court will see the light on this one. That is not a 100% certainty.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

and yet another twist in the storyMOTHER SAYS

TheMason
Posted
Posted
and yet another twist in the storyMOTHER SAYS'Nicole' left to be with American beau http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/brea...h-American-beauRecantation doesn't mean acquittal yet

retired
Posted
Posted

Given that a travel visa is so difficult for a Filipina to get these days perhaps Nicole is there on a Fiance Visa ? On another subject can someone please explain to me how it is that America is taking grevious advantage of the Philippines via the Visiting Forces Agreement ? I mean it's not like Uncle Sam can't find another jungle to train it's troops in . And how come no one ever says anything about all the roads , bridges and schools the American gi's build in southern Mindanao either because the Philippine government can't or won't or both ? But then why should when it can just wait for the " yanks " to come do it for them . ;-)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

IMO Smith is a tool shed and feel very little pity for him but one would hope this will all come to an end soon. This whole mess has done little to bring the US and Philippines closer.

Edited by Old55