Philippines Expats With Vertically Challenged Filipina’S?

chickenhotpack
Posted
Posted

My wife is 4ft 9 and Horizontally crazed! :dance:

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

LOL@@@

I am 1.80m and 120kgs and my wife 1.49m and 45 kgs...We get the looks from everyone that they think "poor girl" or "lucky fat potato" hahahahahahah!!!!!

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

I almost don't want to post this but since I am still kinda new and all I will go ahead as I am a big target (hehe)...

I'm 6'9" n' about 265 pounds...my bossette is all of 5'1" (although she claims she is 5'2")...you can imagine the comments my wife hears as we walk around in the malls, streets etc in PI...she translates for me so I can chuckle, joke and laugh along with them...

Then there is the "What is your height Sir?" question I frequently hear. I have learned it is best to be gracious and respond in kind as it often times provides opportunties to interact with others that might not otherwise happen...

When we are out and about with our other Fil/Am couples/friends (also of the vertically challenged kind) it often times involves going the the mall (go figure)...I come in handy because the plan to meet back up involves "meet at Marshall" because they usually can see me easily from a distance...

Being that I am 19 years old (times 3 and then some) I have heard it all before...I can laugh with the best of them. "Oh Sir, could you get me that item off the top shelf?"..."Why yes I can but I will need your help to get that item there off the bottom shelf please"...

When my wifey complains her neck hurts from looking up at me I tell her to stand back farther away so the angle isn't so great...

One of my favorite things is when a little tyke comes up to me and puts their arm around my leg thinking I am one of their family members....then they look up..."whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa" they shreik and away they run..."Momma Momma...he's bigger than Sasquach"...

Often time others come up behind me and do the "measuring" thing with their hand...just seeing how far they come up to me...

My wife and I are always on the lookout for steps and such so she can stand up on them and see me more "eye to eye" so to speak...and kissykissy opportunties abound.

I have no regrets as my height has served me well...and as with all things...there is good and bad...like finding size 15 shoes or extra tall t-shirts...

Chairs and steps and other platforms are great for taking pcitures....my better half will climb on up and stand next to me for those "Kodak Moments"...I have to say it works pretty well and I don't see as many photos of me with my head "cut off" :D

Transportation is always a dice roll...like sitting in the back of a trike, not being able to lift my head to see all the way forward and then trying to get out when I get to my destination...I found it best to try to get in the front seat of the jeepneys as it it easier to get in and out...waving off the full jeepneys even with their contant beeping at me...I have to tell you and I am sure many can relate too it as well - it is no fun crouching down duckwalking all the way to the front inside of those jeepneys...but if I have too I will...it comes with the territory and I wouldn't have it any other way...I will save the "flying over to the philippines via coach" stories for another time...

So vertically challenged my wife is...but I have most to blame for that!

Come on now...let me hear your best "tall" jokes...life is too short not to laugh when you get the chance!

~~~Philippines or Bust~~~

Cheers all!

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

LOL, I feel your pain bro! Not nearly as tall as you but find most trikes and many doors too low. How many times have you bumped your head on something over there?

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

LOL, I feel your pain bro! Not nearly as tall as you but find most trikes and many doors too low. How many times have you bumped your head on something over there?

I have a "road map" of scars to be sure...of course any bump on the head calls for a cold bottle of one's favourite to ease to pain...they say cold is good for such things...who's one to argue...my last trip I used Tanduay Ice as my "ice pack" of choice... hehehe

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have a "road map" of scars to be sure...of course any bump on the head calls for a cold bottle of one's favourite to ease to pain...they say cold is good for such things...who's one to argue...my last trip I used Tanduay Ice as my "ice pack" of choice... hehehe

So there are advantages to being tall!!!

:tiphat:

• 2 weeks later...
Julia
Posted
Posted

Haha .. I'd like to hear the Filipina's viewpoint. It must be so irritating to have to "look up" to her husband all of the time. :)

haha, so irritating indeed! but if you love your husband that much, the height difference wouldn't even bother at all. Besides, maybe a 5-inched pump shoes will help....LOL!

• Like 4

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
maybe a 5-inched pump shoes will help....LOL!
... haha I am sure stilettos will be a great help in expressing your irritation at your husband :bash: .
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Thomas
Posted
Posted
My wife and I are always on the lookout for steps and such so she can stand up on them and see me more "eye to eye" so to speak...and kissykissy opportunties abound.

My gf found it funny, when I said/joked we can build such "hugging places" when building the house :)

(She is tall for being Filipina, but still rather much shorter than I.)

I haven't seen such in the Philippines, but in Thailand it's rather common houses have higher levels along some walls, so they seem to have thought of this problem :)

• Like 2