Car Mechanic

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I'm sure this has been posted before but just need an update ..... are there any reliable auto mechanics here in the Cebu area ...... again the phone book is about useless for finding anything ..... I suppose most of you do like we do and that is use taxi's and jeepney's to get around I'll even take recommendations from friends or relatives ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

billten
Posted
Posted
are there any reliable auto mechanics here in the Cebu area

NO!, sorry but, just NO...

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I always find that, when in an area I don't know, a good taxi driver will also be a fountain of information.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well actually I did that yesterday Bob and the driver told me to take it to Kia ....... smart man ...... :thumbsup: ..... but other people I have asked all tell me they have a friend who will come to my house and do repairs ....... ooooooops ....... kinda like the old ...... "so have you ever worked on a 1973 VW ..... before" ..... "Oh yes sir ... many times" ...... "OK then here it is" ....... opens the trunk ...... "but sir .... where is your engine .... it's not in here ...... maybe some one stole it" ........

This is gonna be one of those times when I'm sure the pale face tax is gonna apply as my asawa doesn't know enough about cars to do the canvasing for me so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and take it like a man ...... :SugarwareZ-034:

Steve had mentioned something about a Goodyear shop in Bacolod that did go and honest work .... gonna see if they have one here ..... was also told of the Shell Station in Mactan does pretty good work but they are a bit far and I would have to drive through the madding crowd ...... maybe I should just hire a driver ..... :mocking:

Anyway off to Kia in a little while to get an estimate ..... so we will see ..... "said the wild woman as she wally wiggled her wooden leg over her head"

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Dealers here are like dealers in the US. You will pay top peso.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I had a neighbor, in Cebu, who had a Sportage of the same or similar year to what you mentioned, Mike. He always took it to the dealer. At least he did after finding that the local guys don't know what they are doing. It was in the shop a lot and they always overcharged him.

You will probably soon wish you had a multicab that everyone can fix for you.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It's like the old adage...

Until you do it right (find a good mechanic), try, try again!

:mocking: :attention:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
(find a good mechanic), try, try again!

I will post my guys number tomorrow! Today he is busy! :hystery:

post-2148-0-91842600-1345640283_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I'm sure this has been posted before but just need an update ..... are there any reliable auto mechanics here in the Cebu area ...... again the phone book is about useless for finding anything ..... I suppose most of you do like we do and that is use taxi's and jeepney's to get around I'll even take recommendations from friends or relatives ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

I may be a little late on this one, but I finally found a good and inexpensive mechanic on the south edge of Compostella if you still need one.

He is sharp and his English is adequate.

I had a few problems with my old car that nobody seemed to be able to fix and I was about to give up and ditch my ride after throwing so much money into it.

I was introduced to this man through another American (Tom) and for P2k he had it all up and running like a new one.

That was 3 months ago and it still runs great.

• Like 1

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5072

Hey!!! I know that guy!