Canadians Should Be Happy Today!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

All of us Canadians should be happy today with the exchange rate! Canadian dollar is worth P42.6829 this morning! Now who said we would never see a P42 dollar again?

:mocking:

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Not me I still predict 50 to 1 in the next year or so

Curley
Posted
Posted

Any reason? Or just hoping?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

for some reason I am unable to post an image of what the past 3months to the past 5 yr range of the CAD to PHP

perhaps the URL link will work

Yes BOB it is good that the rate is back over 42

but who knows what will occur.

by looking at the chart that I am unable to post, we can view that the recent LOW is "worse" its been in a while and when it does hit a LOW it usually is for a few days to 2 weeks then inches its way BACK UP

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=CADPHP=X&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

50 to 1 is a bit optimistic. The Bangko Sentral is committed to a trading range between P40 to P45 for the present time. What can change is the performance of major trading currencies such as the United States Dollar, Japanese Yen, and European Euro. Unfortunately, both the US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank are printing money, which could potentailly trigger inflation. What would happen is the Dollar and Euro would devalue against other currencies. The Canadian and Australian currencies would remain okay because their economies are more stable.

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

the Canadian economy is very stong and the national debt will be payed off in the next year or so , unemployment is low wages are high , The real estate bubble is over with price rising up towards pre bust levels . The main reason the canadian dollar is at par is because the US is out major trading partner and if the Gov lets the dollar go to high it will hurt the bottom line for exports . This can not last the true value of the dollar will come to bare as we export to Asia more and more . Canada is in a great position will little debt and tons of natural resources and a well educated population and very under populated . If world oil prices rise to 125 a barrel look out Canada will rise to the best economy in the world with the best standard of living .

This is MHO but the signs are on the wall . stable government with fairly responsible policy's and a low over head (no real wars) What Canada really needs right now is more people

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

50 to 1 is a bit optimistic. The Bangko Sentral is committed to a trading range between P40 to P45 for the present time. What can change is the performance of major trading currencies such as the United States Dollar, Japanese Yen, and European Euro. Unfortunately, both the US Federal Reserve and European Central Bank are printing money, which could potentailly trigger inflation. What would happen is the Dollar and Euro would devalue against other currencies. The Canadian and Australian currencies would remain okay because their economies are more stable.

optimistic would be saying 55 to one

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
we can view that the recent LOW is "worse" its been in a while and when it does hit a LOW it usually is for a few days to 2 weeks then inches its way BACK UP

Foreign exchange traders buy and sell currencies for their clients or sometimes for speculative reasons. Central Banks intervene whenever it gets out of hand because wild gyrations is not good for their economies. Sometimes highs and lows correct themselves without intervention. There is a very secretive organization called the Bank for Internatonal Settlements (BIS) located in Berne, Switzerland. This is the central bank of central banks. This organization is similar to LIBOR, which got hit by a major scandal recently, except there is very little information about BIS.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
This is MHO but the signs are on the wall . stable government with fairly responsible policy's and a low over head (no real wars) What Canada really needs right now is more people

That could easily be rectified, there are lots of Fillipinas waiting......................................

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

optimistic would be saying 55 to one

The exchange rate going up by about 20% is optimistic to say the least but more than that..... sorry that is dreamland. Enjoy your dreams and I hope they come true for you.