Canadians Should Be Happy Today!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

perhaps I should convert my money to cad? What interesat rates are the banks paying?

Not sure what the bank is paying but the Canadian $ is worth $1.0091 right now.

Curley
Posted
Posted

Over the last ten years the CAD has done extremely well against the $US but will the governments allow it to continue?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

LOL bob you know what i would have told them !!! strait up too ( can anyone say Middle Finger ) LOL i remember making this same $ 6 years ago !! i mean im a little better off because i share an apartment but it isnt much better !! and what company's EXPECT out of you to be management is way beyond what i will put up with for lesser and less $ !!! i was a supervisor before and the responsibility that i had wasn't worst it for me ( or anyone ) my last company wanted us to start doing exercising before we started work , i told them if i wanted to do that i would go to the gym WHATS WRONG WITH MANAGEMENT THESE DAYS HAHAHA

O-U-C

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Are you kidding? Our government has been trying to stop it for a while now! The US $ just keeps falling faster than we can get ours to drop! Don't you just love when we insist on having idiots for our leaders?

:mocking:

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
I just want to get back to work so I can pay off one last debt - and then it's off to the Philippines!

Bob i might be able to get you a job at our company , it looks life a boss or two might be fired soon lol joke buddy !!! but im serious about them maybe firing a few people !!!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

LOL bob you know what i would have told them !!! strait up too ( can anyone say Middle Finger ) LOL i remember making this same $ 6 years ago !! i mean im a little better off because i share an apartment but it isnt much better !! and what company's EXPECT out of you to be management is way beyond what i will put up with for lesser and less $ !!! i was a supervisor before and the responsibility that i had wasn't worst it for me ( or anyone ) my last company wanted us to start doing exercising before we started work , i told them if i wanted to do that i would go to the gym WHATS WRONG WITH MANAGEMENT THESE DAYS HAHAHA

O-U-C

Exercises? Must have been FilterQueen? :mocking:

Yeah, a few years ago I would have made around a start of $50,000 + bonuses for what I am offered $28,000 flat today. I can't even say that this would be $14 an hour as they want a 50 hour work week plus be there for open and close - no other keyholder!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I just want to get back to work so I can pay off one last debt - and then it's off to the Philippines!

Bob i might be able to get you a job at our company , it looks life a boss or two might be fired soon lol joke buddy !!! but im serious about them maybe firing a few people !!!

No thanks! The morning drive from Hamilton up the Parking Lot (QEW/403) to Mississauga is not for me! Even in my Financial Services days when I had my office in Mississauga, I hated doing the drive.

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

no im making my own way !!!! i wont compromise my time with my family so i can make big $ in a company only to work for them for 20 years and have them turn around and say now im redundant , i would rather struggle , i think the IRISH is coming out in me now !!!

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Are you kidding? Our government has been trying to stop it for a while now! The US $ just keeps falling faster than we can get ours to drop! Don't you just love when we insist on having idiots for our leaders?

:mocking:

As I said before the US is our major trading partner IE: they buy most of Canadas exports if the GOv lets the dollar climb to fast we will lose those buyers and that would kill Ontarios economy

The west is run by oil the tar sands is booming with new projects coming on line all the time but they need 75 dollars a barrel just to break even but if the prices stay high lots more investment will come . Lots of high paying work there .

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I am proud to be a Canadian, until someone like my old Political Science teacher in Canada says something along the lines of.....,

"Canadians have been selling their natural resources to other countries for many many years, then we buy back at inflated prices products made from our natural resources!

We know how to give things away and then pay to get them back!!"

Ha Ha, don't get me started on how the natural beauty of Canada is being spoiled to supply oil and gas, and water and wood to other nations!

Oh you should not have gotten me started on this!

Although I was never a great supporter of Trudeau, I am always reminded of a quote by him.....,

"Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."

Although I'll admit to liking a misquote by him even better...

"Living next to the US is like sleeping with an elephant, it keeps you warm at night, but look out when it roles over!"

Mind you this is also a man who stated...

"Some things I never learned to like. I didn't like to kiss babies, though I didn't mind kissing their mothers."

A man of few words!

Good to see the Canadian Dollar rising in value, unfortunately for me all my business interests pay me in GBP or USD!!!

Oh well, can't have it all.

Papa Carl