Decent Vet

tiger31
Posted
Posted

I have two street kittens, male and female, that are going to need to be fixed soon. But I have heard lots of horror stories about the vets here. Has anyone had any experience with a decent vet, that will use painkillers and do it like a western doctor would?

mactan vetinary clinic .if they don,t knock the cat out for that operation then they should,nt be called a vet .

tiger31
Posted
Posted

I have two street kittens, male and female, that are going to need to be fixed soon. But I have heard lots of horror stories about the vets here. Has anyone had any experience with a decent vet, that will use painkillers and do it like a western doctor would?

ok lord black hot off the press my g f just went into our local vet here in lapu lapu 2,300 pesos all in for female and 1200 pesos for male cat and yes they are knocked out .so our american friend paid the kano tax amount have a nice day clinic number is 09176229726

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Taf in Consolacion, she is young and smart.

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

It is part of the contract that all of the dogs whom to be adopted must be spayed/Neutered. Majority of the Aspins & Puspins of IRO are already Spayed & Neutered except to some puppies and the Pitbulls but we dont let them to be adopted if not spayed or neutered. We are actually doing campaign for the spay & neuter coordinating City Vets and Provincial Vets. BTW, The City VEt of Cebu is having a weekly Barangay campaign for Spayed & neutered and they offer spay & neuter for only 150. You may contact them for the schedule 233-5675. We also coordinate to some pet-shoppes in case they have events for FREE spay and neuter.

Part of the educational campaign of IRO is the Spay/Neuter & responsible ownership. We are doing our best to help the community with regards to the over populated stray dogs & cats because we all know that IRO cant rescued every stray animals due to limited funds. But still we are doing our best to help them all and by doing so, we also need the help of all ANIMAL LOVERS.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Yes, we had our 9 month old female spayed about 2 months ago at Cebu Veterinary Doctors on F. Ramos near the circle by Dr Odysseus. He's a young guy but seems to be very good. Costs for females is much more then males, I believe it was about p6500 plus 800 something for the blood tests prior. Also some post-op medicines, not much. The costs for the males is less then 2000 plus tests. They require that all vaccinations be up to date before the operation and the cat to be at least 6 months old. They wanted to keep her overnight but since we were 2 hours each way they allowed us to take her home same day. She was very sore and didn't eat for a few days but came around after that. I'm very glad I did it, I couldn't live with the caterwauling and I think she's happier. She is basically indoors all the time.

The Western concept of pet ownership is that they are part of the family and therefore you should provide them with reasonable care. The cost is not an issue so long as it is within your means to pay. The original topic request was from Lordblacknail who needed information about a reliable Vet. MikeB shared his and he included how much he paid.

If others have Vets who performed similar services for a lower price, by all means share the information. Comments like,"so our american friend paid the kano tax" are irrelevant. Instead, we should dump on people like Leona Helmsley who bequeathed $12 million to her lapdog. She is the same person who gained the title, "Queen of Mean" for her mean-spirited treatment of her maids and her two grandsons who had been excluded from her will. I recall she also went to jail for a time period.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

ok lord black hot off the press my g f just went into our local vet here in lapu lapu 2,300 pesos all in for female and 1200 pesos for male cat and yes they are knocked out .so our american friend paid the kano tax amount have a nice day clinic number is 09176229726

Tiger, The information you posted was detailed and helpful but your humor and wording could be read as sarcasm. As we all know prices are not fixed some will charge more some less. And yes it could be the other member was overcharged just because he was a Foreigner.

The great Vet my family used several years ago has moved.

• Like 1

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

I have a stray/pet cat it only has three legs coz one was bolo'd off by some nice chap, probably coz the cat is a bit stupid and just wanders in and helps himself,

i've even seen him go up to a dog who's snarling his head off and proceed toshare the dogs food!, anyway probably as the result of an altercation with a dog it came limping to the house with one testical dangling, you can imagine how i winced every time he took a step,

Not wanting to watch any longer i asked if there was a vet and was told there was one in bayen, when i got there the girl who was filing her nails just shrugged and said forget about it when i told her the problem,

So i went back to my house and told my neighbour here's 500 peso when i get back from manila i want that cat to only have one ball,

Sure enough when i got back he was good as new, albeit less one testicle, my neighbour said he was off his food for a day, who did it and how remains a mistery but the cat still comes limping in every day for his dinner non the worse for wear....

• Like 4

chrisandging
Posted
Posted

When I lived in Cebu I was happy with the treatment my dogs got at the 'aycardo' clinic on south road, opposite CIT on N. Bacalso.

They took skin scrapings of skin disease and diagnosed it using a microscope Costs were reasonable,

I have also used the Chinese vet near to SM on J Luna, I think their charge for castrating a dog was less than 2000 with aftercare it was 5 years ago so I am not that sure on the price now.

John, I would recommend Aycardo for your dogs skin disease,

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I ran into the City Veterinarian of Naga who lives in Argao. He said there is free spaying of cats and dogs tomorrow only at the Naga City Hall. Just go there and ask for the city vet, Dr Raymond Ramirez.

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted

When I lived in Cebu I was happy with the treatment my dogs got at the 'aycardo' clinic on south road, opposite CIT on N. Bacalso.

They took skin scrapings of skin disease and diagnosed it using a microscope Costs were reasonable,

I have also used the Chinese vet near to SM on J Luna, I think their charge for castrating a dog was less than 2000 with aftercare it was 5 years ago so I am not that sure on the price now.

John, I would recommend Aycardo for your dogs skin disease,

We had our nephew try to visit the Aycardo clinic as he schools at CIT, he tells us the buildings gone and there is construction in progress, no clues as to there new location yet.