Philippine Drivers License

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I want to swap my u.k driving licence for a philippine one .what do i need to take with me document wise and how much will it cost ?

I can only tell you about when I did it and that was a few years back. All I needed was a valid Canadian drivers license and my passport along with photocopies of the pertinent pages (they had no photocopier so I had to go find someone who did that). What were the pertinent pages? Well the one with the pic for sure and I cannot remember if they wanted on of the page to show when I arrived and that my stamps were up to date. I remember it cost me 1800 but there may have been a tip included in that for 'express service'.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I want to swap my u.k driving licence for a philippine one .what do i need to take with me document wise and how much will it cost ? i wanna join brocks hells angels and buy a scooter yes I know its a death wish lol

I got this from one of our verified advertisers - Cebu Expat Services - run by Paul and Elsa Whiteway who are also members of this forum. For those in Cebu and not sure of what to do the first time? Even though it is quite easy, you might consider contacting Paul or Elsa for some assistance through their company. There are a lot of things that they can help you with - especially if it's something you just don't want to take the time to do on your own. Check them out! And, note - this is only a small part of the information they list about getting your licence!

Not at this address /drivers-license.php

The basic requirements for the conversion of your foreign license according to the LTO website are as follows:

• Driver’s License
  • Duly Accomplished Application Form
  • Must have passed the written and practical examination for the restriction code being applied for.
  • Negative Drug Test result (from a DOH accredited drug testing center)
  • Medical Certificate (from a LTO accredited or government physician)

• Like 2

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

My wife & I went to the LTO to convert to Philippine DL's & it was pertty painless, except I didn't come with my passoprt & had to go back home to get it. Our "express fee" was P350. Turns out my wife just happened to know a guy that worked there & he walked our stuff through. She even got a motorcycle endorsement & she didn't have one on her US DL.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Will
Posted
Posted

Driver license conversion is a breeze at the LTo in Cebu City , or least it was for the wife and me.

Be sure and have a copy of your local driver license, the picture page of your passport, and the entrance stamp page of hour passport. Don't do any kinda illegal drugs, they have you pee in a cup. I think they check for alcohol, too. Glad I didn't drink the day before ;)

I had to read the letters to the sign on the wall to check my vision, the wife didn't. I forget how much it cost.

We went on a Friday afternoon and he place was packed. I had read somewhere that it takes 3 hours. We were in and out in less than two. I was impressed. Pretty nice license,too. I was expecting a laminated paper card, but the quality is just as good or better than the States. I didn't have to wait 3-6 weeks to receive it in the mail either. Great job, Philippines LTO!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

We practiced driving about 3 to 4 days a week. Driving around town as well as in the Province. While driving out in the Province east of Liloan Rowena pushed down on the clutch instead of the break.

I plan to spend much time teaching how to stop, before even start the engine   :hystery:

They were told by the LTO employee to meet her outside after they filed their forms. They both went outside where they were informed that it would cost them 2200 pesos each to pass the tests. Both written and driving. Without paying they would most likely not pass the test and have to come back in another month after failing the test.

I suppose that's common.

A Filipina I know has drivers licence, but she say herself she can't drive. I don't know how she got it, the family is poor, so I don't believe they spend 2200 pesos or so to get a shortcut, but some cousins have married "rich", so perhaps it was a gift from one of them. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

When we purchased the multicab from Rusco on payments it came with the minimum insurance. It covered injury to one third party in the amount of 100,000 pesos I think. Full coverage for 1 year cost 10,584.00 pesos extra.

How much is the fee for the minimum third party insurance per year? 

Do it include anything more?  

(In Sweden the obligatoric minimum insurance covers third party fully, and PERSON injuries in own car too, but nothing for damages at own car.)