Multicab

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

My driving needs would be similar to Joe's, so the Multicab is still in the running. I will keep the Toyota, Suzuki and Kia suggestions as options.

Thank you.

MacBubba

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted

This might be of some use to you, dont forget the new copyright laws here, but I'm sure you could just refer to pages that you need information from

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60532572/F6A-Service-Manual

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link johnb. I will very likely rely on the services of someone that knows what they are doing when necessary.

MacBubba

johnb
Posted
Posted

I'm a big guy and have considered getting the standard multicab with a full body, rather than the open back, or FB van, one because you can carry passengers inside the vehicle, but two because you can slide the drivers seat back as far as you need to allow for leg room, the worst senario would be having to move and relocate the rails under the seat to allow for long legs, with a front cab only type multicab your limited with the rear movement of the drivers seat because of the bulkhead behind your seat. I do know one expat here that replaced the standard steering wheel with a small sports type steering wheel to allow for more knee room.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

When I was in Cebu, I was looking at the van type (with the side sliding passenger doors) not the open box type. With the short legs that I have, I found that I did not need to adjust the seat. For the time I was on Marinduque, I found that there was not much traffic and it seemed that most (that could) travelled at around 50/kph or less.

MacBubba

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I NEED A/C AND AUTOMATIC

I have seen

/one "Toyota Other" jeep with automatic

/and separate aircon kits.

"Toyota Other" jeeps are in many different versions anyway, so I suppose you can get/remake one to get both.

(I want one such myself too, long version, and with possibility to close it (of security, keep out rain and animals :)

I don't expect to find one with all that, so I will probably aim at buy a long one and compleete it.)

• 4 weeks later...
Thomas
Posted
Posted

If being interested in a Other MT PICKUP (and don't bother about uggly - or fix it) then this can be worth checking

http://www.ayosdito.... 10-4500893.htm

Asked price only 65 000p for a 2010 with 4x4 WD ! "Good running condition".

Crap rost cover treatment and paint work from start, it's uggly in front too, plus I guess the pickup had been outside without cover over the back so it's rosty there.

If I would be living there allready, and decided to start a business, which need pickup transports, then I would go and check it myself.

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

You were very right Thomas! It's Ugly :hystery: :hystery:

Don't forget. These things are made to be abused so, the more miles, the more abuse and the less you should pay.

Besides, they use the paint to hide things and this one, is not painted right even. But, I am looking at it from the US. In Filli, it might look gorgeous!?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You were very right Thomas! It's Ugly :hystery: :hystery:

Don't forget. These things are made to be abused so, the more miles, the more abuse and the less you should pay.

Besides, they use the paint to hide things and this one, is not painted right even. But, I am looking at it from the US. In Filli, it might look gorgeous!?

Yes, that's why I prefer NOT new painted :)

I said worth checking. That includes checking how it had been treated. The owner can't help if the origin paint work is crap, so PERHAPS it can be a bargain, although it's uggly.

Will
Posted
Posted

It definately has... uh, character! I kinda like it.

The asawa would not want to ride into town with me in that thing. ;)

• Like 1