Multicab

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The asawa would not want to ride into town with me in that thing. ;)

Yes, that can be a problem. I hope I can convince mine we get a "Toyota Other" type of jeep, because I believe some such can be good compared to the price.

(She often want LESS than I suggest, so I don't believe it will be a big problem. She has said she don't like such jeeps, but LIKE SUVs,

but she is economic, so she find it crazy to buy cars costing more than a rather big house...)

I prefer a good functioning but UGGLY car so less will be jelous/want to steal it. Perhaps it will be harder to convince her of that part :hystery:

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

It definately has... uh, character! I kinda like it.

The asawa would not want to ride into town with me in that thing. ;)

Will,

Is riding alone good or bad? :hystery:

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
OK but anyway you look at it they are just a clown car.

Must be a lot of clowns in the Philippines then as they are very popular. I have had mine for about 3 years now and have had

no problems. It also blends in well with the locals. Love my multicab.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
OK but anyway you look at it they are just a clown car.

Must be a lot of clowns in the Philippines then as they are very popular. I have had mine for about 3 years now and have had

no problems. It also blends in well with the locals. Love my multicab.

Looks are never important, reliability and to do the job one wants it too is all that counts. Same when it comes to women. :unsure:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Looks are never important, reliability and to do the job one wants it too is all that counts. Same when it comes to women.

Well. I agree with you basicly. Many look at the outside and miss to think enough of the rest. But - in difference from cars - I prefer a woman who both functions good AND look good :)

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Forgive me for straying from the topic but in reference to the last couple of post I ask

the question, "what is a beautiful person?" and the answer most to my liking was,

"It is hard to describe who a beautiful person is since this is a matter best left to personal opinion and choice. What is beautiful to one person can be plain ugly in the eyes of another. A beautiful woman is a woman who has an exceptional charm, self-confidence, and a shining light that sparkles through her smile and eyes. However, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and is not only in the skin and physical appearance; it is in beautiful actions and heart."

Now so as to stay on topic, I would like to say I realize that my multicab does not appeal to all, it has been great for me as a multi

funtional vehicle. I also like the idea that it increases my opportunity to be part of the local culture. These vehicles remind me a lot

of the VW. When they were first introduced in the U.S. it was said they were ugly, underpowered, lacking in passenger space and

a number of other unflatering comments, and of course they became so popular and succesful they later went on to purchase Rolls

Royce and Bentley. In the Philippines multicabs are in wide use now and the provide a great deal of not only personal transporation,

but public transportation and working vehicles.

Now in closing I would like to say that when differences occur on whatever subject, I alway like to say,

"That's why they make Fords and Chevys"

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Now so as to stay on topic, I would like to say I realize that my multicab does not appeal to all, it has been great for me as a multi funtional vehicle.

I have thought some of buying a Minivan type (but I believe it will be a Toyota Other MT Jeep).

660cc or 1000?

I haven't seen any seller telling - what's the loading capacaty?

Can the weaker ones manage to get up a hill with 4 kanos, or would they have to go out and push? :)

• 5 months later...
Retirednlovinit
Posted
Posted

Hello. I live in Tacloban. Does anyone know of a good, decent Multicab mechanic in Tacloban?? Also I would like to know about a parts supplier in Tacloban or Cebu. I have my milticab in for service and they can never find parts. Also thir work is not very good. Thanks Bob

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hello. I live in Tacloban. Does anyone know of a good, decent Multicab mechanic in Tacloban?? Also I would like to know about a parts supplier in Tacloban or Cebu. I have my milticab in for service and they can never find parts. Also thir work is not very good. Thanks Bob

I have no idea about Tacloban, but in Metro Cebu I'm sure they have (/had) production (=put together) both Suzuki MT (=e g Multicab) and Toyota MT Other.  

(One Suzuki producer demand(-ed) a big part paid in advance, perhaps that's why they could sell VERY cheap =around 150 000p for a NEW! Scam? Still running?  I don't remember the company name, but I believe I have saved it among my notes. I can look, if no one know.)

So if a mechanic in Tacloban don't know where to find spare parts to such very common car, it's a bad sign...   :hystery:    (Or perhaps your mechanic is banned after not paid them?  :)