Request For Those Still Living In Canada Or Us

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
In Florida there is no sales taxes but they kill you on property taxes.

I'm guessing you meant NO INCOME TAXes? DEFinitely sales tax in Florida; have to get the money from the tourists with it!! :tiphat:

Right, sorry, my typo! I fixed it!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

The way to fix the out of control medical expenses is to require doctors to start working for minimum wage like everyone else.

Curley
Posted
Posted

The way to fix the out of control medical expenses is to require doctors to start working for minimum wage like everyone else.

Wishful thinking..... why bother to study hard to be a doctor if you get paid the same as a supermarket shelf filler?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wishful thinking..... why bother to study hard to be a doctor if you get paid the same as a supermarket shelf filler?

Still, should the doctors make closer to the supermarket shelf filler or the entire supermarket staff and management combined? Most of them are making a little too much pay for what they do - or for the little knowledge so many have trouble retaining past medical school

:mocking: .

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Still, should the doctors make closer to the supermarket shelf filler or the entire supermarket staff and management combined? Most of them are making a little too much pay for what they do - or for the little knowledge so many have trouble retaining past medical school

:mocking: .

That's more like the right idea

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well. Many of them kind of do. 20 000 pesos per month. That's was a Filipina nanny/maid get if she work in HongKong...

(I know three Filipinas with university educations in computing. They have went abroad doing UNSKILLED work, earning more than what they normaly would get with a SKILLED work in the Philippines.)

Curley
Posted
Posted
I could have never done these things in the USA even when I was still working.

Perhaps because you wanted those things NOW and to hell with interest charges?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I split off a number of posts that were about gossiping more than cost of living in Canada and US. Please keep somewhat close to the topic or start into another thread. Thank you.

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

i live in southern illinois buying a home electricity, gas heat, cell phone, internet. dish tv , car payment, car insurance, gasoline,1750+another 750 fof food clothes, and miscilaneous my med is vah , i know my girl freind wants to work i beleice she can get job with insurance on my income icould get by with some money to spare, we would take most meals at home with nite out once a week. i believe that would take care of it ad a kid would change it but with her income even counting time off for child we could do pretty good

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
jmvalle
Posted
Posted

OK this is based on living in florida for just me and the wife and are approx. cost

Rent = $ 600

food = $ 400

health  ins  =  $ 350

elec. avg = 125

watwr,sewer trash = 50

phone = $ 14

tv/internet = $ 55

Gas = $ 60-100

Meds. = 150 every 3 months

Now this is just the bills and doesn't include clothing or entertainment or any frills really. hope this helps

• Like 1