Interfering Families Problem

brock
Posted
Posted

My ex made her mother leave our house because she was always getting drunk and being violent and abusive towards her and my Children,Her mother went to see the Barangay capton and complained, My wife was arrested and put in a cell and made to sign a note saying she would never throw her mother out again, Even though she got a pension every month and owned her own house which she rented out. Thats the Law for you.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
TRUE! But it doesn’t not mean for you to support the parents and bankrupt yourselves in doing so!

I expect to support them, but I hope it don't mean I have to have any parent-in-law living with me :23_11_62[1]: :)

My wife was arrested and put in a cell and made to sign a note saying she would never throw her mother out again,

How about if it is the kano, who do the out throwing? :)

---

Today I and my gf "finnished" the interfering subject. It took a while, because her English isn't any good and I try to ask OTHER questions than Yes/No ones, because they are more easy to figuere out what to say, if trying to say just what I want them to say. But "mine" is rather straight forward, but I understand if she is some careful - before we are married... :mocking:

Summary:

-What would you do if your older relatives try to decide over us, anything else than we find OK?

-Ignore them.

I wouldn't believe most Filipinas if they would say such just to her kano bf no one else hearing, but I believe it's a good chance mine would ignore them, if they want to deside something she find to bad - so now it's seem "only" left to convince her... :)

(My belief is supported by she had some argue with them recently, when she found the mostly unemployed relatives doing some things to bad, when harvesting her personal land. (She work far from home.) That although almost all of them are older than her.)

She understood when I said it's important when it's about business, it's need a MIX of their and kano thinking, because if do as they are used to, then it will be common Filipino pay, but I aim higher than that :)

She even answered "No need", when I said it's OK för her to blame me :) when she tell them, because I suppose it's easier for me to take such heat - if there will be any - supposing they will expect some such "odd" behavour by us kanos :hystery:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I really kind of like what I will be looking at in the future with my Special Someone... Her mother is her best friend and at present she loves to spend her weekends with her mom. She has told me that she would like her mother to live with us eventually as she gets older and can't work any more. I have no problem with this. Mom does though.... hehe! I think she will be looking forward to the time when she can have her privacy and is really hoping for grandchildren to invade mine... hehe!

:dance:

• Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted

It is the law that when the children become an adult, They can be made responsible to support their parents .

So any Kano who is married to a Filipina should remember this

Is this really an actual law here?

Yes. I have seen it online before but I will leave it to you to Google it :cheersty:

I would like to see that law, law or no law. your wife rules the nest :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:
  • Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted

It is the law that when the children become an adult, They can be made responsible to support their parents .

So any Kano who is married to a Filipina should remember this

Is this really an actual law here?

Yes. I have seen it online before but I will leave it to you to Google it :cheersty:

I would like to see that law, law or no law. your wife rules the nest :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

maybe a kano wrote the law, you people crack me up
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I really kind of like what I will be looking at in the future with my Special Someone... Her mother is her best friend and at present she loves to spend her weekends with her mom. She has told me that she would like her mother to live with us eventually as she gets older and can't work any more. I have no problem with this. Mom does though.... hehe! I think she will be looking forward to the time when she can have her privacy and is really hoping for grandchildren to invade mine... hehe!

:dance:

That sounds great Bob, I have a fondness for my own mother, such that I would be thrilled if she were to come live with us, but as to my significant other, hmmm, I do like it that she is an orphan.

• Like 3

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

This topic has been a popular topic for many, many years and discussed by many, many people.

Didn't Albert Einstein make som comments about the theory of "RELATIVE ity"

• Like 4