Trying To Purchase My First Throw Away Ticket While In U S A

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Tiger Air cheap, remember when you buy on line pay in Piso with your card not USD, click piso when you want to pay.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Tiger Air cheap, remember when you buy on line pay in Piso with your card not USD, click piso when you want to pay.

Thats exactly what I did since I used a Capital One CC.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've never heard of vayama.com before. I just looked up the site, plugged in some made up dates and the prices look pretty good. I can't put real dates until the house sells... but we have a contract pending!

But the prices did seem pretty good. Dallas, Tx to Manila with one stop (San Fransisco), then, 2 months later, a trip to Hong Kong that I will probably not take for $1169. Most other sites are $1200-$1400 for just the PI flight - no outbound.

~Edit~

Ok so I clicked on the flight for more info and another stop showed up? It shows AA to SFO, then Philippines Air to Manila via Guam. Still not bad for the price since it includes a throw away ticket. Damn house better sell soon...... :)

Edited by Tuka Ram
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I've never heard of vayama.com before. I just looked up the site, plugged in some made up dates and the prices look pretty good. I can't put real dates until the house sells... but we have a contract pending!

But the prices did seem pretty good. Dallas, Tx to Manila with one stop (San Fransisco), then, 2 months later, a trip to Hong Kong that I will probably not take for $1169. Most other sites are $1200-$1400 for just the PI flight - no outbound.

~Edit~

Ok so I clicked on the flight for more info and another stop showed up? It shows AA to SFO, then Philippines Air to Manila via Guam. Still not bad for the price since it includes a throw away ticket. Damn house better sell soon...... :)

That is a nice price for one way including your AA ticket too. Are you sure it includes all taxes and fees? Manila via Guam should not be a problem unless you have a long layover in Guam.

Make sure your throw away departs within 21 days of your arrival in Manila. If you are paying more than $25 for the Hong Kong ticket you might be better off leaving it out and just buying your throw away on Tiger.

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

~Edit~

Tuka,

vayama.com seems to deal with that region. May be that's why?

For my trip, I did AA Austin to LAX, using my points, avoiding the Dallas stopover.

Then did Cathay Pacific straight to Cebu via Hong Kong and back.

Both were booked a month ago or else they would have been pain now.

However, since I will also need to do Sydney from Cebu but only Philippine Airlines made sense?

But it had to stop in Manila. Something I tried to avoid but couldn't find such flights? I did this some 10 days ago or else, more wallet pain!

So, 3 weeks in Cebu, 2 weeks in Sydney then another 3 in Cebu then back home to decide either or.

PS: I sold my bike and some accessories with it today! Yeeehaaa :cheersty:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

My one way ticket leaving Dec 7 was $927.30USD (paying a bit of a premium that close to Christmas) on United from KC -> Denver -> Seattle -> Tokyo -> Manila. Total travel time about 26 hours. My throw away was 949PHP - about $23USD purchased on Tiger Airways. So the total with throw away is about $950USD.

I booked this directly on the United Airlines website. I have found booking directly on United's website to be lower cost than Orbitz, Hotwire, etc. The same one way flight was around $650USD from mid January on.

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

What do you need to show the airlines since you don't actually get a ticket? All you get is a receipt from the airline like this:

Booking Date : Fri 19 Oct 2012

Address :blah blah blah

Email : blah blah blah

May change up to 4hrs from departure time

Booking Reference:

XESXKX

Confirmed

FlyAway
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guess I am breaking the problem mold with purchasing tickets online. I have purchased tickets numerous times through Cebu Pacific Air and AirPhil Express with no problems. Even purchased for family members traveling from Davao to Manila.

Always paid with VISA. Inputting the bank name was the fun part. I have a card through Golden1 and they would not accept the "1". Had to spell it out. I do get the "Verified by VISA" window to enter my pass code.

Update on this. Just booked a flight for my father in law on Cebu Pacific Air scheduled a few days from now. Went through with no problems.

Edited by FlyAway
  • Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Guess I am breaking the problem mold with purchasing tickets online. I have purchased tickets numerous times through Cebu Pacific Air and AirPhil Express with no problems. Even purchased for family members traveling from Davao to Manila.

Always paid with VISA. Inputting the bank name was the fun part. I have a card through Golden1 and they would not accept the "1". Had to spell it out. I do get the "Verified by VISA" window to enter my pass code.

Update on this. Just booked a flight for my father in law on Cebu Pacific Air scheduled a few days from now. Went through with no problems.

Was the credit card used issued in the Philippines?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Was the credit card used issued in the Philippines?

Issued by a U.S. based Credit Union