Trying To Purchase My First Throw Away Ticket While In U S A

qbseven
Posted
Posted

I may have not read further into the messages, but so far I still need to pose a question. I will be returning to the phils with the 59 day deal (embassy in u.s.). My question(s) are 1) what day is Day One or in other words when does the 59 day count begin? and 2) should i get my exit throwaway for the 59th day, or perhaps a day or two earlier in case of any problems with BI? Thanks, hope i am not making something simple too complicated!! :bash:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Not sure what is day 1 without getting out my passport to look but if I were you I would go in 58 days to be safe. If there is a bad storm on the day you are to leave and the plane cannot take off then they will likely hit you up for another month's stay if you pushed it to the last minute. They really do not care if its your fault or not. Past midnight on the day you are supposed to leave means another month's visa tax

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

1) what day is Day One or in other words when does the 59 day count begin? and 2) should i get my exit throwaway for the 59th day, or perhaps a day or two earlier in case of any problems with BI? Thanks, hope i am not making something simple too complicated!! :bash:

From looking at my passport and counting days, the count starts on the day after you enter the country. Your "Stay Until" date is stamped 21 or 59 days after that date. That's also what I have read on various non-official sites and blogs. I would tell the immigration officer that you have a 59 day visa and check the stamped date before leaving the window, they have been known to make mistakes.

Correction - I looked further at my passport, the 2 times I entered on a 59 day visa they wrote "59 days" in the "Stay Until" section of the stamp. When I entered w/o the visa they wrote in the actual date 21 days out but either way the count should start the day after arrival.

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Regarding the date for your throw away, why push it? If it is truly a throw away, most likely the only time it will be checked is at the departure counter in the US, and they only care if it is within your visa period. The only other thought I have, is if you are buying the throw away but have not yet gotten the 59 day visa, buy the throw away within the 21 day tourist visa time, just in case you are unable to get the 59 day, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I'm looking at 15-18 days for my throw away ticket. After all it is just a throw away!

luke
Posted
Posted

For the past 10 years, I used to buy a full fare ticket out (Manila - Hongkong) with 1 year validity. Price was around 250 USD. After one year I refund the old and buy a new one. There is an "administrative" fee deducted on refund. (I live in manila but travel regularly around the Asian-region)

Now this month I bought a cheap ticket (non refundable) from Cebu Pacific (3500 PHP) date December 2013. The price is the same as the "administrative" fee for a full-fare refunded ticket. Will see how this works out....

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I bought a cheap ticket (non refundable) from Cebu Pacific (3500 PHP) date December 2013.

Holy crap prices have gone up. No way would I have called that a cheap ticket. For me a cheap ticket on Cebu Pacific is about half that and I have purchased more than a few for 1000 pesos or less (although those are getting few and far between)

• Like 1

qbseven
Posted
Posted

I may have missed it in reading through this topic, but don't think so. Once you have the 59 days accomplished and approaching time to do the first of the two month extensions, do you have to have "another" throwaway ticket for each ensuing two month extension in hand before applying? Which would mean purchsasing several different throwaways over a period of the total 16 month stays. Haha, am I just confusing myself here, or everyone else as well? Thanks for any imput.

Jake
Posted
Posted

I may have missed it in reading through this topic, but don't think so. Once you have the 59 days accomplished and approaching time to do the first of the two month extensions, do you have to have "another" throwaway ticket for each ensuing two month extension in hand before applying? Which would mean purchsasing several different throwaways over a period of the total 16 month stays. Haha, am I just confusing myself here, or everyone else as well? Thanks for any imput.

Hmmm......excellent question! But I'm sure that someone will answer your question promptly.

Respectfully -- Jake

earthdome
Posted
Posted

No. The throw away ticket is only needed for arriving in the Philippines. The airline for your flight needs it so they can verify you will not overstay your 21 day visa since they would be responsible to return you to your place of origin if you did not. You may be asked for it when you go through immigration at the airport. From all I have read you do not need an onward ticket for visa renewals. Of course this is the Philippines and things could change or what BI office or agent could have more strict rules.

I do not plan on maintaining an onward ticket after my initial entry for my extended visit starting in Dec.