Trying To Purchase My First Throw Away Ticket While In U S A

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
o you have to have "another" throwaway ticket for each ensuing two month extension in hand before applying?

I have never been asked and never seen a rule requiring that. Its a good question as some say they have been forced to produce one when they renew. I know you need another exit ticket after being here 16 months as a tourist. I would suggest your experience will always be new and different and interesting when dealing with the Philippine BI. I would also suggest that those tourists who are not liked by the BI officials as well as those who appear to have extra money to share will both get 'special' treatment (which may or may not beneficial).

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Would you believe an onward ticket is not required to extend your visa?

On this page ( http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=43&Itemid=117 ) you will find a PDF you can download (called "Updating of Stay after 21 Days). Right at the top of the first page you will find the following:

Requirements

1 Original passport

2 Photocopy of applicant’s passport (bio page, latest admission and

(bio-page,

authorized stay)

3 Application Form for updating of stay, duly accomplished

4 If applied by representative, Special Power of Attorney, duly

notarized

5 Motion for Reconsideration (MR) and payment of MR fee

As you can see, an onward ticket is not required. Now if the BI representative tells you that you have to have one, I don't think arguing the point is going to help any.

For those of you wondering what the different costs are, they are all included on this page as well as which cashier to go to, hours of operation and a reminder of ECC requirements before you leave, and other good information. Another PDF I glanced at included other information regarding Visas as well - including the form required to apply for the extension.

Get to know the BI website. It can be and is your friend. Of course, it never buys the next round of drinks either. :89: :whistling: :mocking:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Would you believe an onward ticket is not required to extend your visa?

On this page ( http://immigration.g...d=43&Itemid=117 ) you will find a PDF you can download (called "Updating of Stay after 21 Days). Right at the top of the first page you will find the following:

Requirements

1 Original passport

2 Photocopy of applicant’s passport (bio page, latest admission and

(bio-page,

authorized stay)

3 Application Form for updating of stay, duly accomplished

4 If applied by representative, Special Power of Attorney, duly

notarized

5 Motion for Reconsideration (MR) and payment of MR fee

As you can see, an onward ticket is not required. Now if the BI representative tells you that you have to have one, I don't think arguing the point is going to help any.

For those of you wondering what the different costs are, they are all included on this page as well as which cashier to go to, hours of operation and a reminder of ECC requirements before you leave, and other good information. Another PDF I glanced at included other information regarding Visas as well - including the form required to apply for the extension.

Get to know the BI website. It can be and is your friend. Of course, it never buys the next round of drinks either. :89: :whistling: :mocking:

Nice find.

What is the Motion to Reconsider?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It can be and is your friend.

Going into the BI with good information is a wise idea. Going in there trying to tell them how the Internet says they should do their job is a sure fire way to have them insist on an exit ticket. I can't count the number of times when I have heard them tell the person in line: Yes, but we just had a memo from Manila this morning that changes things so we must do it this way. (This way being whatever they are telling you to do that day)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)
It can be and is your friend.

Going into the BI with good information is a wise idea. Going in there trying to tell them how the Internet says they should do their job is a sure fire way to have them insist on an exit ticket. I can't count the number of times when I have heard them tell the person in line: Yes, but we just had a memo from Manila this morning that changes things so we must do it this way. (This way being whatever they are telling you to do that day)

I could have sworn that was what I said.... :)

Just kidding around Dave! Something as important as reiterating that causing an issue at the BI office is not going to get anyone anything but trouble is great! I hope all the members here read this and remember... And let those who sit under escalators in malls be the ones to not heed our words!

:dance:

Edited by I am bob
double copy of post - corrected
  • Like 1