Nosey Filipinas, How Is It They................

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

How is it Filipinas are so inquisitive to know about others business and quick to share with others? It's human nature to socialize and few can ignore a rabid story to do with another but Filipinas take this to another level they seem to have ESP or something.

Mix in Facebook and cell phones and the Chicka-Chicka goes global in seconds.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was in the Rural bank of Cebu south the other week to open an account for my daughter. I had to open it in my name as she is too young. I opened the account with p1000, a woman worker sat at the back of the bank shouted "how much did he put in" the reply from the woman serving me was "p1000" fat cow at the back of the office part said "he must be Philippino" then a woman along the front desk working there pipes up "he only pays p5000 rent per month" I don`t find this professional behavior for bank staff and if it happened in the Uk I would be straight in to see the manager and wiped the floor with him/her. As there only 2 banks in this town I didn`t say anything last time but next time if there is any comment I will ask to see the manager and close the account.

My personal opinion is that "chicka chicka" is another nail in their coffin as regards to be being labelled a backward uneducated people.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I was in the Rural bank of Cebu south the other week to open an account for my daughter. I had to open it in my name as she is too young. I opened the account with p1000, a woman worker sat at the back of the bank shouted "how much did he put in" the reply from the woman serving me was "p1000" fat cow at the back of the office part said "he must be Philippino" then a woman along the front desk working there pipes up "he only pays p5000 rent per month" I don`t find this professional behavior for bank staff and if it happened in the Uk I would be straight in to see the manager and wiped the floor with him/her. As there only 2 banks in this town I didn`t say anything last time but next time if there is any comment I will ask to see the manager and close the account.

My personal opinion is that "chicka chicka" is another nail in their coffin as regards to be being labelled a backward uneducated people.

I take it they were speaking in Cebuano or Tagalog?

Good thing they didn't say something like he deposits p100,000 every month. Who know who might be listening.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry to say but you can be sure everyone there knows your exact income.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They were talking Cebuano but I picked enough to understand. I cannot speak much Cebuano but I understand quite a bit. That is the worry that if I deposit a large amount will the begging start or even worse maybe my daughter gets kidnapped for ransom. As for my income I never know one month to the next exactly what I will get so they can only guess. The main point is they are bank employees and should not discuss any one`s finances any nationality anytime . I did think of asking my friend`s wife to come next time and if it happens she can wipe the floor with them.I think that maybe would sort them out.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I was in the Rural bank
I don`t find this professional behavior

I don't find Rural Banks to be real banks or real professional. But that is just my own personal experience. They do pay nice interest when they are not going broke. I find the regular banks to be much more professional.

Too bad they all have that need to gossip.

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've opened a few bank accts here and I cannot even imagine this conversation. I have to ask, are you sure that's what was said? It's very easy to misunderstand what they're saying, especially in the province. I would never tolerate it, only bank in town or not, I would close it and find another and I would be giving the manager an earful.

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Gossip is deplorable. In that setting, even more so.

Gossip is something I will have to brace myself for. I have to learn to do as my wife does and just laugh it off and not dignify it. If the gossip is unsavory, the people who matter will know it's untrue.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
As there only 2 banks in this town

FOR YOUR SAFETY and families, Consider another bank, even if you miss understood what they said,

BETTER TO ERR on the side of caution,

since I dont know the exact place you live,

HOW CLOSE is the nearest BANKS(metro,BDO,BPI)?

are their any REAL BANK ATM's in your current location? if so then consider opening an account with them

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

sonjack2847 ...... we don't deal with anyone in the bank except an officer at their private desk ..... we went to open an account one time at BDO and was told we had to talk to the girls at the counter ..... I just told them ..... no thanks and we walked out ...... it is not that I feel to good to deal with the tellers it is just that they can't do anything without approval from an officer anyway so why not deal directly with the officer ..... even the officers can screw up like one where we bank has twice ..... and once caused me to close out one of my accounts because they screwed up on a transaction and put it in the wrong account ..... this was during the absence of our normal officer ......

I know you are very limited in what bank you use but I would have just closed the account and gone to the other or just ask to speak to an officer and told them why I would no longer deal with the tellers ..... and yes there is NOTHING sacred here in the Philippines another reason we don't confide in other people here ..... :thumbsup: ...... :cheersty:

• Like 1