Nosey Filipinas, How Is It They................

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Thanks Ahsanti "uncouth" doesn`t quite fit with what I was thinking but I can`t write it on a family forum.Just think of the words you hear or maybe hear on a construction site double it and that is the start of my sentence.

No, not the precise words I understand but if you post the precise words then you becomes what the descriptive words is ……………..

Im sure, you live long enough in PI to know that education in PI are not equal. In fact there is also a lot of snobbery of which school you go to. Having an education in PI doesn’t automatically gives Filipinos the finesse unfortunately, nevermine civilised living.

Of course, this doesn’t excuse the local’s behaviour but im only trying to explain the situation to lessen the curdling of your blood and hopefully you would be able to find ways and means to minimise the damage. Kind of forewarned is forearmed. Just like your construction workers in your example, should you visited the site you’re unlikely to expect them to mind their language regardless if you like hearing it or not – their world, their convention!

My own dear mama is a prime example im afraid to say. I remember growing up that she speaks loudly and have uncouth manners (btw mikey, shes from Negros, :36_6_3[1]: :crack-up: l). It really used to irritate my dad, while us children just guffaws about her manners especially if she got a telling off from my dad. My dad use to tell my mum, “why don’t you just get a PA – I hate for the neighbours to miss any itsy bitsy of private info, or better still, just stand at the roof so no one can miss your public announcement!” My mum used to just smile sheepishly and starts talking gently and we juvenile children that we are laughed merrily and teased her unmercifully :lol:

My dads behaviour though not uncommon in PI is not the usual either. Thus it earned him the tag of his haughtiness/pompousness from neighbours and my mother’s relatives alike including us, the children as we inherited most of my father’s ways to my mother’s disquiet. However, NOONE had the guts to challenge neither my dad nor any of us (children). But rather they made my mother’s life hell with their endless gossips. Nor does it stop them from being a parasite!!!

Ashanti I think what I will do is either leave the account stagnant or close it. I don`t think I will confront the people in the bank as I don`t know who their relatives are and they could be in a position of power and make my life hell. Saying that it does go against everything I believe in as in standing up for what is right. I am slowly begining to come to terms with the way these people are, if they gossip so what they don`t know the whole story and when they are proved wrong they will lose face not me or my family. Sometimes it is just best to ingnore them.
  • Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Ashanti I think what I will do is either leave the account stagnant or close it. I don`t think I will confront the people in the bank as I don`t know who their relatives are and they could be in a position of power and make my life hell. Saying that it does go against everything I believe in as in standing up for what is right. I am slowly begining to come to terms with the way these people are, if they gossip so what they don`t know the whole story and when they are proved wrong they will lose face not me or my family. Sometimes it is just best to ingnore them.

I think that is a wise decision.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes. Different if they had gossiped about high amounts. As I wrote it's GOOD for your safety they gossip about LOW amounts about you.

(Of similar reason I will want to have a big (because of need for business) but uggly house, and uggly car. And dress as farmers. I joked about having uggly things in an other topic, but basicly I'm very serious about trying to reduce security risks by trying to show as little assets as possible.)

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sometimes it is just best to ingnore them.

ditto ........... its a wise moved.

but dont expect they will lose face or think you have no money. being a foreigner you will never convinced them that. however, they would have a fun day spreading round derogatorily that you are poor to hurt you or your loved ones!

With my father who is/was a big tease - he will exaggerate his children's achievements esp me the eldest, the favourite, not just to teased the gossipmongers but out of natural pride of a parent which really pisses me off no end. Who do you think is heavily watch with her every move. i tell you its stifling !! But my father just laughs his head off esp if he gets the reaction from gossipmongers. Even my mother is greatly amused though he tried to stop my father from time to time out of my behest.

Edited by Ashanti
  • Like 2