Nosey Filipinas, How Is It They................

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Nosey Filipinas

First I missread, thinking "What?! Another topic about noisy Filipins parallell to the running!"

but then sonjack made my missreading kind of corect =BOTH nosey and noisy :hystery:

I was in the Rural bank of Cebu south the other week to open an account for my daughter. I had to open it in my name as she is too young. I opened the account with p1000, a woman worker sat at the back of the bank shouted "how much did he put in" the reply from the woman serving me was "p1000" fat cow at the back of the office part said "he must be Philippino" then a woman along the front desk working there pipes up "he only pays p5000 rent per month" I don`t find this professional behavior for bank staff and if it happened in the Uk I would be straight in to see the manager and wiped the floor with him/her. As there only 2 banks in this town I didn`t say anything last time but next time if there is any comment I will ask to see the manager and close the account.

My personal opinion is that "chicka chicka" is another nail in their coffin as regards to be being labelled a backward uneducated people.

That's realy serious 1%20(72).gif

I suppose more powerful criminals have informants inside banks anyway, but if it's a large sum shouted out, then a lot of small criminials can get to know it too by such shouting :(

So their shouting suchLOW sums information can be GOOD for your safety :)

No Filipina relative, who could have opened it for your daughter?

Yes, realy unprofesional this too, as well as many/most Filipin companies/organisations don't answer emails!!! :(

But on the other hand, if starting a business in the Philippines ourselves, then that can make it less hard to make a comparingly good impression :) But I suppose connections is of main importance anyway.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Another scary story to frighten away an investor.

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

How is it Filipinas are so inquisitive to know about others business and quick to share with others? It's human nature to socialize and few can ignore a rabid story to do with another but Filipinas take this to another level they seem to have ESP or something.

Mix in Facebook and cell phones and the Chicka-Chicka goes global in seconds.

Ouch ............. that hurts ................ :lol:

its my pet hate with fellow filipinos ........... i learned double quick time how to deflect their nosiness .............

but what gives me palpitation at times when they are doing that in front of my husband. i have to lean hard on my husbands legs to keep his mouth shut! :no:

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
My personal opinion is that "chicka chicka" is another nail in their coffin as regards to be being labelled a backward uneducated people.

ouch and double ouch ............... this is getting painful by the minute.............. :lol:

i think the word you are looking for is uncouth??????

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
As there only 2 banks in this town

FOR YOUR SAFETY and families, Consider another bank, even if you miss understood what they said,

BETTER TO ERR on the side of caution,

since I dont know the exact place you live,

HOW CLOSE is the nearest BANKS(metro,BDO,BPI)?

are their any REAL BANK ATM's in your current location? if so then consider opening an account with them

Thanks but I never mis -understood what was said.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

ouch and double ouch ............... this is getting painful by the minute.............. :lol:

Thanks Ahsanti "uncouth" doesn`t quite fit with what I was thinking but I can`t write it on a family forum.Just think of the words you hear or maybe hear on a construction site double it and that is the start of my sentence.
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ahsanti "uncouth" doesn`t quite fit with what I was thinking but I can`t write it on a family forum.Just think of the words you hear or maybe hear on a construction site double it and that is the start of my sentence.

OK Kevin,

I could only imagine your colorful words. Please do not elaborate further.....it may hurt the only part

of me that's still virgin -- my ears.....he, he.

Acquiring personal knowledge of someone and then broadcast their findings is one of favorite past-

times among the old hags. It is born out of jealousy which leads to tsismis (Tagalog word for gossip).

Often times, the old hags (rich and poor) will try to outdo each other to be the village tsismis queen.

It's a form of a status symbol, especially when they have nothing else in life.

Did I mention that PNP investigators sometimes rely on this sort of testimony because they're too

lazy or inept to conduct a real investigation.

I usually keep a very low profile and the only thing I don't mind revealing about myself are my famous

SBD's. I would remove my sunglasses and stare back at them. And then share my silent but deadly

farts in front of them.

Bastos and proud to be one -- Jake

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Jake, you are an evil evil man.....

Hmmm.... Make that you're a smelly smelly man!

Of course you haven't got anything on me after a night of ale, pickled eggs, garlic sausages and sauerkraut!

:mocking:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

sonjack2847 ...... we went to the bank today and I told the lady I use there about your incident ..... she was shocked but not to surprised .... she told us that one time she went to a rural bank in the sticks on banking business and when she arrived she saw the entire bank staff outside grilling fish and cooking rice ..... when she walked up the bank manager ... who was grilling the fish ...... came over to he and asked what she wanted .... as she was explaining why she had come there the woman suddenly interrupted her and said .... wait a minute the fish will burn if I don't get back to it ..... and left her standing there ..... she said rural banks are VERY laid back and most have no sense of privacy what so ever and because it is so small and local any info about you or your account will soon be known by the whole community ...... very very sad ...... :unsure: ..... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

No, not the precise words I understand but if you post the precise words then you becomes what the descriptive words is ……………..

Im sure, you live long enough in PI to know that education in PI are not equal. In fact there is also a lot of snobbery of which school you go to. Having an education in PI doesn’t automatically gives Filipinos the finesse unfortunately, nevermine civilised living.

Of course, this doesn’t excuse the local’s behaviour but im only trying to explain the situation to lessen the curdling of your blood and hopefully you would be able to find ways and means to minimise the damage. Kind of forewarned is forearmed. Just like your construction workers in your example, should you visited the site you’re unlikely to expect them to mind their language regardless if you like hearing it or not – their world, their convention!

My own dear mama is a prime example im afraid to say. I remember growing up that she speaks loudly and have uncouth manners (btw mikey, shes from Negros, :36_6_3[1]: :crack-up: l). It really used to irritate my dad, while us children just guffaws about her manners especially if she got a telling off from my dad. My dad use to tell my mum, “why don’t you just get a PA – I hate for the neighbours to miss any itsy bitsy of private info, or better still, just stand at the roof so no one can miss your public announcement!” My mum used to just smile sheepishly and starts talking gently and we juvenile children that we are laughed merrily and teased her unmercifully :lol:

My dads behaviour though not uncommon in PI is not the usual either. Thus it earned him the tag of his haughtiness/pompousness from neighbours and my mother’s relatives alike including us, the children as we inherited most of my father’s ways to my mother’s disquiet. However, NOONE had the guts to challenge neither my dad nor any of us (children). But rather they made my mother’s life hell with their endless gossips. Nor does it stop them from being a parasite!!!

• Like 4