Philippine Living Vs The Old Country

miguelsp
Posted
Posted
As a professional photographer, I have no doubt that you will have many friends (especially females) as you explore with your camera.

Hahaha, I am not a profesional photographer, I am just amateur...

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Mr Bundy - I agree with you! I too wanted to see more of this rather than a hard $ sign - and the posts here have been great!

I also fully agree with you - it's more enjoyable just living the simple life. I let the Jones' get ahead and into bankruptcy and nervous breakdowns from stress years ago!

It's More Fun In the Philippines Just Relaxing! :morning1: :dance: :mocking:

(I was going to say "It's more fun in the Philippines just wearing a smile" but I didn't want this post to get hijacked!!! :mocking: )

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you are happy who cares what lifestyle you have .

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
To keep it short and sweet, Mrs Bundy and i live almost the exact same life in Cebu as we did in Australia.

Its good to hear stories like this but just a little more would help. For example, did you move from the most expensive part of Australia to the least expensive part of Philippines or would you describe it some other way?

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
In Canada, I lived in a batchelor apartment in the basement of a house. I had no money for socializing and so stayed home. All for a measly $20,000 a month.

Must be expensive to live in Canada. $20.000 is a lot of money here in Australia for a month :)

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OH Come on! this Really is,a lot of eye wash, It is he same Topic, under another name. The obvious, real Question Is, can we live on $800 dollars a month, flower it, any way you want. It ALL, depends, on HOW you want to live. I have, a far better life Now, than I did in Spain and it is, within the figure quoted, IF I did not like the way I am living, I Would not be here at all. Lets Please, cut this cost comparison thing out. It matters not, what the Old Country was like, we chose our Future, Now lets's get on with life. If it matters that much, Stay where you are :unsure:

:tiphat:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

OH Come on! this Really is,a lot of eye wash, It is he same Topic, under another name. The obvious, real Question Is, can we live on $800 dollars a month, flower it, any way you want. It ALL, depends, on HOW you want to live. I have, a far better life Now, than I did in Spain and it is, within the figure quoted, IF I did not like the way I am living, I Would not be here at all. Lets Please, cut this cost comparison thing out. It matters not, what the Old Country was like, we chose our Future, Now lets's get on with life. If it matters that much, Stay where you are :unsure:

Hello Jack P,

Again, spoken like a true poet. I guess most of us have been there and done that. Living beyond our means,

having multiple cars, homes, nice adult toys and keeping up with the Jones. In many cases, we lost all those

material things and it takes nearly a lifetime to realize that basic simple life is the only way to go.

In our golden years now, we should be grateful of our relatively good health or have recovered with a heart

full of love and kindness. What better place to be with a loving and caring wife and family, even if it may be

a nipa hut. I can see you Jack P, lounging in your front veranda sipping endless mango daiquiris. Forget

about time of day or day of week. It's island time forever.....he, he.

Well done my friend -- Jake

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I can see you Jack P, lounging in your front veranda sipping endless mango daiquiris.

:hystery: :no: According to my Lady wife (Her, that must be Obeyed) I may get time for a beer, after, the daily work list is completed.

post-2148-0-42509300-1354406862_thumb.jp

anyone that has completed, THEIR! work list, come on over and share a bottle or two. :thumbsup:

• Like 4