Philippine Living Vs The Old Country

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you are happy who cares what lifestyle you have .

Amen brother ...... you hit the nail right on the head ..... I live the way I want to with in my means and I don't give a rats arse who likes it or doesn't ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
According to my Lady wife (Her, that must be Obeyed) I may get time for a beer, after, the daily work list is completed.
Jack, in the US we call it the Honey-do list.
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
According to my Lady wife (Her, that must be Obeyed) I may get time for a beer, after, the daily work list is completed.
Jack, in the US we call it the Honey-do list.

:unsure: AH! OK Steve :mocking: Whatever it is called anywhere, I get one Every day, :)

:tiphat:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

a good thread that you have started bob, well the big factor for me is the weather, the older i get the worst it becomes, gettting into my mid 50s and the aches and pains are starting to appear, this climate is getting worst and now winter is here well just ahve to wrapp up warmer, its the all day damp for the next few months that will make the change worth while, the next factor is work, work and stress go hand in hand and to me not having to work like i do will be a big improvement to my life too. So no damp weather and no work my life should improve a good percentage, those are the biggest two factors for me,. Now we come to the money issue, because i am going to retire early at 60 i cannot get my state pension, i have other things that i could get, annuity which is not much say 100-150 english pounds a month then there is my home here which i intend to rent out for say 500-600 english pounds per month, then i will have my savings too,i will not try to use these but if i have too well as they say you cant take it with you. i am sure i will have enough to live very well till my pension kicks in, if i last that long too,so i really do beleive my life will improve 100% by moving to the phils sooner then later

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

a good thread that you have started bob, well the big factor for me is the weather, the older i get the worst it becomes, gettting into my mid 50s and the aches and pains are starting to appear, this climate is getting worst and now winter is here well just ahve to wrapp up warmer, its the all day damp for the next few months that will make the change worth while, the next factor is work, work and stress go hand in hand and to me not having to work like i do will be a big improvement to my life too. So no damp weather and no work my life should improve a good percentage, those are the biggest two factors for me,. Now we come to the money issue, because i am going to retire early at 60 i cannot get my state pension, i have other things that i could get, annuity which is not much say 100-150 english pounds a month then there is my home here which i intend to rent out for say 500-600 english pounds per month, then i will have my savings too,i will not try to use these but if i have too well as they say you cant take it with you. i am sure i will have enough to live very well till my pension kicks in, if i last that long too,so i really do beleive my life will improve 100% by moving to the phils sooner then later

Hi Steve I have aches and pains as you describe as well.Since moving from the UK it is much better, I have not been to a Chiropractor in over a year.
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Great thread! It's answered a lot of my questions. I'm very much in the mindset of happiness over material things and am well aware of the adjustments to be made with regard to expectations when comparing western and PH life. Roof over my head, food and friends are all that I need... Well, that special someone would be nice too but I'll sort that out after I arrive :)

• Like 3