Getting Ready To Leave

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I wrote a personal check from my US bank to add additional funds to the USD account last week. The check cleared my bank in just 1 day but BPI will make me wait 30 days before I can use the money.

How come?

---

I don't know about USA, but for Sweden it's possible to do tax papers through Internet too.

• Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
I wrote a personal check from my US bank to add additional funds to the USD account last week. The check cleared my bank in just 1 day but BPI will make me wait 30 days before I can use the money.

How come?

---

I don't know about USA, but for Sweden it's possible to do tax papers through Internet too.

Yep, US tax filing can be done online as well. I've been using tax slayer for several years now.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

How come?

---

Yep, US tax filing can be done online as well. I've been using tax slayer for several years now.

Thomas - it has to do with money laundering and prevention. If it turns out that the account is ID'd as being an account that has been used to launder money, then the US bank can draw the money back from the Philippine bank and without recourse. The US has 30 days to do so or they lose that option. So the Philippines bank will let the money sit for 30 days and make them money while they wait for the 30 days to expire.

We Canadians can do our taxes online with several different companies. If we don't make over a certain amount per year, the tax prep is free. And for us living on pensions outside of the Canada? We pay 25% tax off the top and don't have to file a tax return - unless we make more money again in Canada that has to be taxed. Income made outside of Canada income is free as far as Canada is concerned.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas - it has to do with money laundering and prevention. If it turns out that the account is ID'd as being an account that has been used to launder money, then the US bank can draw the money back from the Philippine bank and without recourse. The US has 30 days to do so or they lose that option. So the Philippines bank will let the money sit for 30 days and make them money while they wait for the 30 days to expire.

Oh. From just USA or from all countries?

When transfering between bank acounts too?

Any limits when they don't do that?

I don't want to wait 30 days for my money every time, either when moving own or when get paid if I start export business...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I believe it is an International co-operative.

Will
Posted
Posted

Well, got the house sold. We are holed up in an extended stay hotel right now. Picking through packed things to let go of. The closer we get, the easier it is to throw stuff away. Last night was first decent sleep ive had. Yesterday, we stayed awake 36 hours straight trying to get things wrapped up. I only vaugly (sp) remember sitting at the title company signing the house papers.

Anyway, we are heading out to get some newer luggage...stuff we have Im afraid wont make the trip. Then, airline tix. Im confident we will find them rather guickly.

The anak has been ok with everything so far. She was kinda enjoying the attention of all the people coming and going out of the house. Shes a little more anxious here in the hotel... It is sooooo much smaller and we have to watch her every second. Shes really held our plans together, but the asawa and i have been pretty stressed out... So anak has been the difuser.

I will let yall know how its going as we proceed...

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

.... Picking through packed things to let go of. The closer we get, the easier it is to throw stuff away....

Ain't that the truth! I have found that as I pack i care less and less for any of the stuff. But I couldn't let go my kitchen ha ha!
  • Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Best of Luck to you Will & Family - I bet you have been stressed and busy to no end, but the final results and the adventure of a lifetime awaits you and yours. Safe travels to you!

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

Well, got the luggage.... now we just have to repack everything. :/

luggage.jpg

The wife picked it out. She's got great taste... just look at her husband! :unsure:

• Like 4

Will
Posted
Posted

Airline tickets? Check! :thumbsup:

• Like 2