Getting Ready To Leave

Will
Posted
Posted

Vehicles sold! Last car will be picked up here at the hotel on the morning that we leave for the airport.

House in Phil rented! New rice cooker is being installed as I type. :)

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Gotta have a rice cooker. Nice to see you got the priorities straight! :tiphat:

Enjoy your journey

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Oh. From just USA or from all countries?

When transferring between bank accounts too?

Any limits when they don't do that?

I don't want to wait 30 days for my money every time,

either when moving own or when get paid if I start export business...

my experience is limited, so allow me to share what I know.

the (YOUR)check has a 30 day"hold"

in the old days, it took at least 10-25days for a check to physically go from A to B, now the item is scanned thats why it clears in a short time.

(they still cling to the Float)

and what I AM BOB stated

Thomas - it has to do with money laundering and prevention. If it turns out that the account is ID'd as being an account that has been used to launder money, then the US bank can draw the money back from the Philippine bank and without recourse.

The US has 30 days to do so or they lose that option. So the Philippines bank will let the money sit for 30 days and make them money while they wait for the 30 days to expire.

when you send a transfer it is posted as soon as it go thru the "channels".

from your bank to clearing center ,

then to the RP-clearing center..... then to the MAIN bank,.... then branch (your account)

regarding other checks and how long they clear,

suggest you contact your RP bank or try the BSP.

there are other and much faster ways to have your money deposited , but it can cost $$$$.

.(western union, XOOM,, etc etc)

the 30day wait......... should not happen.... .

Once your an established banking customer,

let the bank know who you are and you know your bank(manager)

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
when you send a transfer it is posted as soon as it go thru the "channels". from your bank to clearing center , then to the RP-clearing center..... then to the MAIN bank,.... then branch (your account)

Meaning the money get through in a few DAYS, when it's from bank acount to bank acount?

If so - checks are also from acounts, sp banks surely not realy need 30 days to check them :(

I don't understand - what's the difference concerning money laundry checking when it's a check compared to a acount to acount transfer??

If it's that difference between check and acount transfer, then I believe they, who decided that difference, are stupid - or bribed by the banks to let them hold the money 30 days for free... :)

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

Tomorrow is the big day! Long flight ahead of us, especially with anak. Oh well, its all good!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Have a great trip!

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Good luck Will. I am 1 month ahead of you. Been here in Subic since Nov 30th. Where is the house?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:6: :thumbs-up-smile: :551: :th_signs027: when you get here. let us know when you are in and well slept then we can shout out loud :welcome: and crack a bottle open :cheersty: :emostrongbow:

in all seriousness, have a good flight and stay safe.

:tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
crack a bottle open

You mean a bottle of water? :mocking:

Serious: It's common with kidney stone problems among Filipins, because don't drink enough water to flush embryos to kidney stones out before they become big enough to become a problem. In COLD coutries as Sweden it's recomended for health to drink 1,5 liter per day water or such. Alcohol press OUT water, make you need MORE fluid to drink to avoid dehydration illness risks...

I don't know how much more is needed in a warm countries.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Tomorrow is the big day! Long flight ahead of us, especially with anak. Oh well, its all good!

If its not too late, MAKE sure you bring some PILL BOTTLES as they are NOT AVAILABLE or to be found here,

also if you able ,BUY SOME NOISE CANCELLATION HEADPHONES ,

those are such a great item to have when flying & when trying to get some rest,(helps to put me in a quiter zone)

• Like 1