Rent Or Buy

stevewool
Posted
Posted

nice ictures of the house what sort of cost for building that

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

too much for sure but someone told him he got a good deal, show me the price and i can show you what you can get for the same money

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
nice pictures of the house what sort of cost for building that

Steve, the whole project, will run out at 2.8 mil peso (This includes the 500 metre Lot. This is .2 mil under the figure I quoted at the start of my Topic on my wife's family. and we feel we have done well. Irrespective of some doubting Thomas's

too much for sure but someone told him he got a good deal, show me the price and i can show you what you can get for the same money

Now Oakie boy, I found your post a little Presumptuous, Pompous and Personal, this is not like you at all. I will rise above this and say, We know that we could have bought a House cheaper, What we have Created, is a HOME, that all 3 of us had a hand in, If you Think, you could have done better, Then I guess you should open some sort of consultancy here in Dumaguete, based on your Comments, they NEED someone like you :89:

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
our just showing off now jack hahahahaha

Makes a change from Moaners though :mocking:

he the captain won,t be happy coz you got a gigger mansion than him hahahahah

Tiger, You don't know just how right you are there, Kin Good Job my wife is a Pinay and has a little clout in the barangay ( Through her Job, not politically.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

well for that price i think you have done a very very good job

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thats a really nice house Jack, Well done. Would love to see pics of the inside when done. How many sqm is it ?

As for renting or buying, I think you should rent at first just to make sure you are going to like it here

Edited by sjp52
  • Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Either way Come and see me! :thumbsup: Happy New Year to all! :540:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Thats a really nice house Jack, Well done. Would love to see pics of the inside when done. How many sqm is it ?

SJP,Thank you! as time goes by, I will post Pics of the finished Project, Not sure how long it will be, we intend to move in before it is Finished and complete at our leisure, ( Home is where the heart is and our hearts are in this Home) I am No builder but the inside Decoration and bits of DIY i will enjoy immensely.

the Total floor Area is 147 sq Mtrs., It really is, not as big as it looks, it is elevated 1 metere as we are on a Flood Plain. I would like to say Thank you again to all, that have given moral Support and placed meaningful Comments, :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

After living there some months, renting - or live in with Filipin family :mocking: - I will almost sure "have to" build, because there are almost no houses placed calmed enough for my taste. (I mean houses I can afford, not mansions :hystery: And the few there are, are almost sure in the province where I want to settle :)

.One good thing here there is not much planning permission needed like in the u.k .

You are joking of Course Tiger,

my Building Permit took over 8 weeks to obtain, changes forced by The City Engineer were just some times so Unreal.

Perhaps you talk about different situations?

In the countryside there are sure situations when building permits are NOT needed,

/sure for cheap houses, it's told very clear in an own part,

/and, as I understood it, it isn't needed for biger houses either, if building them outside barangar planed land. But it's a long law text in English, which isn't my native language, so I will checked it more proper before I build. The law text talk about more situations, when build permits are NOT needed, but I'm not sure if I understood all corect, so not sure if the exceptions suit my situation.

(I did read through all a year ago, copying the law text and mark the interesting parts, but it's in my broken stationary computer and I haven't any suiting connection yet to check that harddrive from my laptop. I try to avoid buying any new biger things before I move :) so I will probably not buy a new stationary in Sweden.)

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
If you are looking at houses I can show you a few that have been on the market for the 5 years I have been here. That should give you some idea of the time line to sell if you ever change your mind.

would you know why they have been on the market for 5 years?

issues w/the title?

asking to much?

Renting... you can always choose your friends BUT not your neighbors.

• Like 1