Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

That is a nice looking house, good luck with it

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
ack you don,t need planning permission if you don,t tell them ,thats one thing i learned here if you get the city hall involved its a nightmare .I built an extension in the u.k on my house 10 years ago nobody came to check coz i never told them its on the back of my house lol I since found out that the planning laws have been relaxed now

So what happens if a fire breaks out in the section that had no building permit, the house burns down and your insurances says, hey bad news for you. Also what happens when you go to sell and the prospective buyer finds out part of the house has no planning permit.

I have heard of these type of problems arising from time to time so to me its not good advice. :no:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
would you know why they have been on the market for 5 years? issues w/the title? asking to much?

Those are very good questions. The answers vary. In many cases you are right with the answers you give but some of the other reasons will surprise you.

Asking too little: Sometimes the vendor starts out asking too much and 5 years later the house is still on the market because he has not adjusted for inflation. So when he takes that house and doubles the price it sells quickly. Astounding but I've seen it happen. People looking for a 4 million peso house often do not even look seriously at houses listed for 2 million. Anyway this is a rare anomaly.

Asking price goes up with inflation: The vendor could not sell it this year at 8 million so next year he asks 9 million because he figures it is worth so much more now because of inflation. Those kind are still looking for the rich, dumb foreigners to come buy and sometimes they get one.

House deteriorates: When no one lives in a house here, or when poor relations live there, the house deteriorates quickly but the owner still figures his mansion is worth a fortune.

The houses that I have seen selling quickly are the ones that ask much more than they are worth on quick sale and then the vendor agrees to give the buyer a 'good deal' and sell the house for half the asking price. Its an old used car salesman's trick and it still works.

• Like 5