Posted
Posted

I'm still playing Dead Space....

• Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

The name of the game is Forge of Empires

I've been playing this one for a few days now. It is a lot like "Empires and Allies" found on facebook, I believe by Zynga. The E & A is a little less restrictive on what you should do next. "Forge of Empires" seems to be very pushy about accomplishing certain tasks earlier than you can get the supplies for in a free way. Just an observation of how they try to maximize folks opening their wallet. I NEVER open mine, so will likely get bored soon and go back to Battle Tetris, Poker, and a couple others. :dance:

& to i am bob: I'd rather be playing with the lady.... but keep breaking that toy somehow. Guess I should learn how to obtain "spare parts" for that one. :1 (103):

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well thanks Greg. I am guessing you are the one that signed up and got me a small bonus but the nicknames there are different, of course. Someone else is giving it a try I see. Its a game with flaws but I've played so many games I get picky and at least this game has fewer flaws that some others I have quit. Anyway, thanks for giving it a try.

If anyone else is thinking of giving it a go, my sign up link is still

http://en.forgeofemp...er_invite_email

Don't expect too much but it does pass the time.

Edit: Its one of those games that tries to get you to buy bonus things to 'enhance your gaming experience' but I haven't spent any money on it so it is surely possible to have a bit of fun for free.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edit: Its one of those games that tries to get you to buy bonus things to 'enhance your gaming experience' but I haven't spent any money on it so it is surely possible to have a bit of fun for free.

Yes, no money from me either. I have a LOT more time than MONEY. They have to get their money on my account from advertisers. Yes, it does pass some time. My only real complaint with F of E is that if you don't collect things like pottery when they are done they "spoil", grrrrr. Since they come for just a few clicks though, I'll make more. My 'gamer' name is Cuda, King Cuda in Forge of Empires. :tiphat:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The name of the game is Forge of Empires

I've been playing this one for a few days now. It is a lot like "Empires and Allies" found on facebook, I believe by Zynga. The E & A is a little less restrictive on what you should do next. "Forge of Empires" seems to be very pushy about accomplishing certain tasks earlier than you can get the supplies for in a free way. Just an observation of how they try to maximize folks opening their wallet. I NEVER open mine, so will likely get bored soon and go back to Battle Tetris, Poker, and a couple others. :dance:

I agree with you partly, but if play strategicly good :) then it's possible to even pass some who pay, without paying anything myself, at least until the beginning of "Early Middle Age". Get some stucked mainly by to few Expansions, but in the earlier time periods rather many can be got by inventing, medals and taking interesting provinces.

If you haven't noticed, different time can be chosed for productions, to avoid geting waste.

• Like 1