Making A Income

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i bet this has been mentioned before lots of times too, is there such a thing nowdays as to making some sort of income, not to much just enough to live happy, i have said before that my wife would love to build a guest house, pension house is it called or even doors, and run that as a little business in marikina, i cannot see a future doing that and also such a lot of money setting it up too, i cannot see anything else for myself to do at all and to tell the truth i dont want to either, just enjoy whats left and hopefully the money will still be coming in from england

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

That is actually one of the few ways that can work. (I mean pension houses, bed and breakfast, or boarding houses) but the rate of return for the money and time invested is very low. Unfortunately, some get into it and then find out it is too much trouble and stress and then cannot get out of it. Is it for you? What experience have you had in that kind of business? Guess who they are going to call when its midnight and you've had a few,relaxing, ready for bed . . but the water tap in one of the suites broke and the water won't shut off.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

well my wife has all the answers to the questions, she will knock down her dads place and build just rooms to sleep in, a shared kitchen and shared bathrooms i think, her dad will be living in the place so he is the one to take care of the day to day running, she is hoping to have upto 7 doors, all we have to do is to pay for the building,surely you are looking at a few million peso to do this my thoughts is thats the price for our future whether renting or buying,

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Rentiing house or rooms is a good business but not much money in it from the locals, you can get a nice room in Calinan for P350, there are pension house for less, but these are for locals, but it is income, we have a house my wife lived in before we built our house and could rent it except her sister lives there and we do not want to charge her , it is not a problem for me and it makes the family happy

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

i bet this has been mentioned before lots of times too, is there such a thing nowdays as to making some sort of income, not to much just enough to live happy, i have said before that my wife would love to build a guest house, pension house is it called or even doors, and run that as a little business in marikina, i cannot see a future doing that and also such a lot of money setting it up too, i cannot see anything else for myself to do at all and to tell the truth i dont want to either, just enjoy whats left and hopefully the money will still be coming in from england

There are several ways, running your own website BUT you need to be able to write interesting content 2 or 3 times a week and it must be so good that people will bookmark your site and keep coming back to it, spelling and grammar are also important. Probably not for you Steve

Acuaponics.... check it out with Google. If you have some land you can start very small and grow from there, a great way to get fresh food and fish. I have a feeling that could interest you Steve, a hobby that provides you with an interest plus it could start a small business. A relatively small capital outlay.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

sphellig and grama is inportant, whot du yu meen not fur me :hystery:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

sphellig and grama is inportant, whot du yu meen not fur me :hystery:

Try this, http://www.squidoo.com/home-aquaponics-diy

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Our real estate company in Honolulu has a property management division. It is the toughest part of the business. Renters provide a constant litany of complaints and telephone with all sorts of problems. An example is a 2:00am phone call that the microwave oven wasn't working. I would understand a plumbing leak because you don't want to flood the lower level apartments, but a microwave! Lucky for us, we have a highly experienced broker who has been involved in rentals for nearly 40 years. The agreement is she does all the rental work 24/7.

I wouldn't want to be involved in property rentals in the United States or the Philippines. Put it this way, how many times have renters thanked a landlord versus the number of time they complained about something?

• Like 4

russellmania
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our real estate company in Honolulu has a property management division. It is the toughest part of the business. Renters provide a constant litany of complaints and telephone with all sorts of problems. An example is a 2:00am phone call that the microwave oven wasn't working. I would understand a plumbing leak because you don't want to flood the lower level apartments, but a microwave! Lucky for us, we have a highly experienced broker who has been involved in rentals for nearly 40 years. The agreement is she does all the rental work 24/7.

I wouldn't want to be involved in property rentals in the United States or the Philippines. Put it this way, how many times have renters thanked a landlord versus the number of time they complained about something?

That would be in my top ten rules,,,DON'T CALL UNLESS EMERGENCY!! (Also tenant pays 1st $50.00 of problem) That should cut down on the bullsh*t calls! Edited by I am bob
minor edit as per forum rules

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
That would be in my top ten rules,,,DON'T CALL UNLESS EMERGENCY!! (Also tenant pays 1st $50.00 of problem) That should cut down on the bullsh*t calls!

There is a second part. The property rental manager has to charge the owner for a new microwave. They become agitated, and sometimes verbally abusive, when charged for anything since it reduces their monthly rental income. We stay away from this side of the business. It's hard work, but with 60 to 80 properties under management, it is very lucrative for our company and the rental manager. She receives 80% of rental revenues.