Sending Money To Help Your Family

stevewool
Posted
Posted

you are in some other place in the world but your wife/partner and even children are in another place, what and how do you send over hard earned cash to support them, is it a case that you have to work abroad to support them, how much do you send, but also remember you have to live where ever you are too, bills to pay and the cost of living where you live must be hard trying to support two homes plus many must have two families too,many of us have spoken about living on a income over in the phils but if you have to suport yourself say in england then having to support your family in the phils well how do you manage that

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
what and how do you send over hard earned cash to support them,

main thing is to have open a BANK ACCOUNT HERE.either in your name or partners name

so you have a way to send the money safely.

NOT VIA Western Union or other store front pick up,

oh yes it maybe quicker yet it can be more deadly

most Remittance firms (bpi. charge as LOW as 5.00 UK pounds)

https://www.bpieurop...om/page/view/23

bills to pay and the cost of living where you live must be hard trying to support two homes

KNOW what your monthly expenses are . YES they can vary but some are FIXED .some can be paid on-line .

prepay when your here. some of the on-going expense so they have no need to ask for it later....

"OH juan needs extra for school.or whine whine... "

make sure you have them enrolled in PHILHEALTH. perhaps SSS so they will be protected in CASE,

if they live near a BIG CITY, spare the extra cost of a "healthcard " for the local clinic, so they have access to medical care .

NO EXCUSE not to seek health care for the minor ails...

make sure they visit a dentist,, WHY??

some dental problems can lead to serious health issues. or is an indication of poor health .

I can continue on but I have said it before in other posts..

simple said, make sure they are taken care of before you leave, so no "excuses" are given that ......oh i forgot, oh she is needs her shots,, whine whine,, etc etc../

KNOW YOUR FAMILY WELL

. INFORM Them they you will not allow or accept any hanky panky (Bull s...T)in the money handouts..

hope that this will help start the flow of what information you need to make a decision,

this is from my past experiences

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

Western Union have 2 options when sending money (money in minutes and next day delivery). If you send money at 11:59:59 AM Toronto time, in 1 second, it is next day in Philippines and Bob is your uncle. It is a 12 hour time difference. Noon is midnight so they can't pick up the money anyway at that time. It cost $8.50 C to send up to $1,000. I did not see that option online but I used it yesterday at an agent. The exchange rate was 40.1202 for $C.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

hmmmm my partner lives and works in japan ,has to support her family in philippines ,she sends about 100,000 yen a month about 1000 australian ,they live in manila ,one girl 26 works ,one 23 looking 4 work and one 17 at school,and that money is not enough,so i kick in when needed,its very hard 4 her,she works hard in japan ,manual work hard on her body,she is 48 now,has all the bills in japan as well,rent,and every thing,thats why i help,she has put them all through collage,and as they all get work and get older then things will be a bit better we hope,i have seen her get out of bed and go off to work in the freezing cold here,and she has almost been crying she is so tired,she gives all to her family,and gets no help from her x husband at all,i help her quite a bit,she is a very good mother to do this ,but i know a lot do,and i just hope her kids realise just what sacrafices she does for them,i met them for the first time last week,and they seem ok,but im not sure they really know just how hard it is for her,and i really dont think they will ever stop relieng on her ,or us now,and we send money to her parents every 3 months as well,and i brought them a lounge sweet last week so they would have some where to sit,but it looked out of place in there old ,very old house,i am an australian and i will never say any thing bad about our goverment again,

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
i really don't think they will ever stop relying on her ,or us now,and we send money to her parents every 3 months as well,and i brought them a lounge sweet last week so they would have somewhere to sit,but it looked out of place in their old ,very old house,i am an australian and i will never say anything bad about our government again,

Maybe you should talk to your future wife about this support arrangement and where you and her will stand. It appears your future wife could continue working forever for her family unless someone else will foot the bill.

• Like 2

calpurnia
Posted
Posted

I'm also in the same situation, It's really hard to earn money in Philippines that's why a lot of Filipinos work outside the country.

I send money using xoom, it's much cheaper than using western union https://www.xoom.com/philippines

GregZ
Posted
Posted
sends about 100,000 yen a month about 1000 australian ,they live in manila ,one girl 26 works ,one 23 looking 4 work and one 17 at school,and that money is not enough,

I don't want to, but I am compelled to ask why that is not enough?  I just moved out of Manila, Pasay, condo with a pool and weight room.  We were 2 people with cable tv and all bills paid including food for us WITH air conditioning & hot water and visitors for 30,000 peso / month.  We spent another 10,000 on discretionary things like going out to eat and other entertainment.  They are getting 40,000 with 3 people and 1 has additional income.  The numbers don't add up to me.  Am I missing something?? :photo-109:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

sends about 100,000 yen a month about 1000 australian ,they live in manila ,one girl 26 works ,one 23 looking 4 work and one 17 at school,and that money is not enough,

I don't want to, but I am compelled to ask why that is not enough?  I just moved out of Manila, Pasay, condo with a pool and weight room.  We were 2 people with cable tv and all bills paid including food for us WITH air conditioning & hot water and visitors for 30,000 peso / month.  We spent another 10,000 on discretionary things like going out to eat and other entertainment.  They are getting 40,000 with 3 people and 1 has additional income.  The numbers don't add up to me.  Am I missing something?? :photo-109:

It does not matter how much that you send....they will spend it and not save it. Money burns a hole in their pockets.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

In their culture, their mindset is only live and worry about today for tomorrow may not come. This mindset was engrained in them from birth so you will never change it no matter what you say or do.

• Like 2