lonewolf
Posted
Posted

I do every chance I get

• Like 3

Julia
Posted
Posted

Everyone here has been spot on. Let her show you around. Don't try to impress her with opulence. If you want to impress her, be respectful of her, her mother and the Philippines. Win her through her heart, not your wallet. Got any more questions?

WELL SAID :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
davewe
Posted
Posted

Well I am in a similar boat but not for a first date. I am meeting my fiance April 2nd. I fly in late at night and we are staying at the Waterfront Hotel, across from the airport. The next night I want to take her out for a nice romantic dinner. Even though we are engaged and the Visa process has begun, I have not given her a ring and asked her formally. So I am looking for a nice place to do that. I know I could just go to the restaurant at the Waterfront, which is nice. I do not need to go crazy to impress her; I just want a quiet, romantic spot she will remember in the future. She probably is most comfortable with Filipino or Asian food.

• Like 4

Julia
Posted
Posted

this place looks romantic especially at night, not sure though if the food there will be to your liking since it is a native restaurant - https://www.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant/photos_stream

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

Well I am in a similar boat but not for a first date. I am meeting my fiance April 2nd. I fly in late at night and we are staying at the Waterfront Hotel, across from the airport. The next night I want to take her out for a nice romantic dinner. Even though we are engaged and the Visa process has begun, I have not given her a ring and asked her formally. So I am looking for a nice place to do that. I know I could just go to the restaurant at the Waterfront, which is nice. I do not need to go crazy to impress her; I just want a quiet, romantic spot she will remember in the future. She probably is most comfortable with Filipino or Asian food.

this place looks romantic especially at night, not sure though if the food there will be to your liking since it is a native restaurant - https://www.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant/photos_stream

Thanks - this looks very cool!

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I just want a quiet, romantic spot she will remember in the future.

With family so high on the list of most in the Philippines.... I told my girl that I was intending on proposing to her at the beach, in front of her family so they could all enjoy it together.  She liked that.... BUT then I secretly arranged a dinner (a couple uncles helped) at her parents house the week before the beach trip and proposed there in front of EVERYONE from grandparents to nephew.  :dance:  No pressure at all.  They even did the traditional engagement ritual just before the surprised woman arrived.  An elder from another family represented on my behalf.

• Like 4

Will
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's this one in Busay. We passed it the other day on the central highway. I haven't eaten there. They say the view is beautiful. All I can say is the view is beautiful in that area.

https://m.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant?id=204625483016393&_rdr

Edited by Will
  • Like 2