Looking For A Great Romantic Resturant

davewe
Posted
Posted

this place looks romantic especially at night, not sure though if the food there will be to your liking since it is a native restaurant - https://www.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant/photos_stream

>Here's this one in Busay. We passed it the other day on the central highway. I haven't eaten there. They say the view is beautiful. All I can say is the view is beautiful in that area.

https://m.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant?id=204625483016393&_rdr

Are they the same place or are they in different cities?

They are the same but apparently there is another one in Mactan.

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted

lunch for the family a couple days later on the beach at Alcoy

Alcoy was a GREAT time when we went there.  We got fresh fish off the boat when it came in to go with the coconut and banana projects.  I recommend a good set or 2 of snorkel & mask to take along.  I got the cheap stuff at the mall and it was crap.  Even with faulty equipment IT GOT USED A LOT.  Most of the family had never seen UNDER the sea.  It was beautiful there with a lot of fish to watch.

Your plans sound A1, best of times.  :999:

• Like 4

Julia
Posted
Posted

this place looks romantic especially at night, not sure though if the food there will be to your liking since it is a native restaurant - https://www.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant/photos_stream

>Here's this one in Busay. We passed it the other day on the central highway. I haven't eaten there. They say the view is beautiful. All I can say is the view is beautiful in that area.

https://m.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant?id=204625483016393&_r

dr

the one in Mactan is the Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant, I've googled their site, but the way I look at it, it is not as romantic as the one in Busay, just MHO!

• Like 3

samatm
Posted
Posted

https://m.facebook.com/LantawNativeRestaurant?id=204625483016393&_r

dr

the one in Mactan is the Lantaw Floating Native Restaurant, I've googled their site, but the way I look at it, it is not as romantic as the one in Busay, just MHO!
Ohh tuttut I took my DW to the floating restaurant  and it was magic.    The city ligths shimmering off the water that gently is wafting the restos' Pier.. coupled with excellent food and service.    Most romantic dinner outing we had had in years... Now she wants to go to Busay lantaw.  and I 'm all for it.
  • Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well, I think we have found the Romantic Restaurant to recommend when any asks!  Either location!

:dance:

• Like 3

samatm
Posted
Posted

Well, I think we have found the Romantic Restaurant to recommend when any asks!  Either location!

:dance:

Sunday evening we drove up to Busay to eat at the Lantaw there.     Very cool (figuratively and literally).   We took the kids and they throughly enjoyed  it.    We had to wait nearly an hour for a table it was so crowded. Thankfully they serve free soup for to the waiting guests.     the  two places are equally romantic in the their own right.   It just depends what you are looking for  seascape / citylights  with gentle breezes or  moutain views / city lights/ gentle cool breezes.      the Cordova seaside  location is probably 2xs larger.  You will need to ask your taxi to wait at either location.  The driveway up to the restaurant (not the drive up the mountain) was exceptionally steep.   When the parking lot was full, diners were parking below and walking up..whew..  The food, service, ambiance are worth it.  (but, get real drinks and not the cordova cooler - which is basically 8 O'clock  orange mix  with a few chunks of fruit ).  If you are driving please no adult beverages as the drive down takes a bit of clarity :)    

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Daniel Boyer
Posted
Posted

There is a resteraunt above "Tinderbox" in Lahug...Riza's I think it is called...same owner as Tinderbox...it is in same building, there are stairs that go upstairs...I took my wife their on our wedding night after our wedding reception...it is only set up for a handful of people...it is extremely clean...one of the most impressive things about the place was the size and cleanliness of the restrooms...the access the "Tinderbox" wines. (and even foods if you dont see exactly what you want on the menu)

• 3 months later...
Julia
Posted
Posted
Now pass this on to 5 people a day and your dreams will come true. :dance:

you are so funny, Big Boss! :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

Mr A Restaurant is great too.. I went there a few years ago. It's cooler on the hilltop, cheap prices, local food.

• Like 2

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

I definitely would recommend the Cordova Lantaw floating restaurant.  But I'm biased since I got engaged there... :-D

I would try to arrive just before sunset and watch that while figuring out what to eat.  The transition to night time is beautiful there looking over the water to Cebu City and Mandaue.  However, according to my fiancee, there is now a lot of oil washing up in that area from the ferry accident last week, so it might not be so nice for a while.

• Like 4