A Us National Shot A Fiscal Inside The Palace Of Justice

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

CEBU CITY -- A US national shot a fiscal inside the Palace of Justice at the Provincial Capitol Tuesday morning, a radio report said.

Hours before his inquest, a certain American man named John Pope (full name still to be verified) shot Fiscal Maria Theresa Calibogan Casiño in the third floor of the Palace of Justice around 8 a.m.

Casiño was immediately rushed to the hospital while the shooter, although still breathing, is still inside the Palace of Justice.

Cariño is less than a year serving as fiscal in Cebu.

The suspect allegedly shot himself after shooting the fiscal with a .38 caliber revolver. As of this posting, the shooter is still inside the Palace of Justice while emergency response is on their way.

It was reported that the foreigner is set for inquest for charges of illegal possesion of firearms today.

Police are still investigating how the foreigner was able to enter the premises with a firearm amid tight security. (Sunnex)

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

updated news

CEBU CITY (Updated 9:10 a.m.) -- Two persons were killed while another was wounded in a gun attack inside the Palace of Justice in Cebu City Tuesday morning, a radio report said.

The fatalities were identified as Dr. Rene Rafols and his lawyer Atty. Julian Atias.

According to the report, the victims who were complainants were set for a court hearing against a certain John H. Pope, a retired Canadian journalist, inside the sala of Branch 6 of the Regional Trial Court in the fourth floor of the Palace of Justice.

Pope reportedly shot and killed the complainants using a .38 caliber pistol and went outside. He also shot Prosecutor Maria Theresa Calibogan Casiño who happened to be in his way.

The suspect also shot himself in the third floor of the building.

As of this posting, Pope is still breathing however medical emergency response is yet to arrive.

The Canadian was set for inquest proceedings today for five counts of malicious mischief against Dr. Rafols.

Police are still investigating how Pope was able to enter the premises with a gun amid the tight security.

The radio report, however, said that there are no metal detectors inside the Palace of Justice. (Sunnex)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What the heck is going on with all the Canadians going nuts lately?

First we have at least 2 Canadians as members of the terrorist team that attacked that refinery and now this?

I wish to apologize on behalf of myself and my fellow Canadians who look on these morons for what they are - cowards!

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I wish to apologize on behalf of myself and my fellow Canadians who look on these morons for what they are - cowards!

Why do you feel you have to apologize for something you didn't do ...... if I apologized for all the stupid things that Americans do I would spend my entire life apologizing ... every day ..... every minute ..... not your fault unless you gave him the gun .... :mocking: ...... :cheersty:

Well this will make the news for the next 6 weeks ..... and they will probably confiscate my sling-shot now ..... while 3/4 of the male Filipinos walk around carrying firearms ........just found out the other day that we can't even own a pellet gun nor air-soft as they are considered "firearms" ..... what next ... paint-ball guns (but these for the moment are still listed as "TOYS") ..... I don't have a problem with not owning a gun here but for gods sake they make us targets because every crook and murderer knows we can't be armed and take advantage of it ...... now I'm not talking about carrying one just one to defend ones self in your home ...... yea ... I know my asawa can own one and I can use it in the house if I have to but who is to say if you did you wouldn't be deported anyway .....

Hummmmmm ..... guess a hand held crossbow is in order as long as the projectile is NOT RELEASED DOWN ANY KIND OF BARREL ...... other wise I understand it is considered a firearm ........ even owning a gun barrel is considered a firearm ..... and before someone jumps all over me about gun control .... I WOULD GLADLY GIVE UP MY RIGHT TO PROTECT MYSELF IF OTHERS GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO TAKE MY OR MY FAMILIES LIFE ....... but that ain't never going to happen is it ..... :cheersty:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

What can I say Mike? We are a small country population wise and when some step out and act like idiots, we don't like how it makes the rest of us look. Just a bit of being a Canadian I guess.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are so many dual citizenships these days that I take nationality in the newspaper with a grain of salt. If he was Canadian, so what, I am proud there are not too many Canadian loonies but we do have some. Of course they all immigrated from some other country :morning1:

What riles me is: When an OFW who has become Canadian does something good then the Philippines claims him as one of their own. When he does something bad then he is Canadian of course. Not to say the current shooter is one of those, its just a possibility.

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
What riles me is: When an OFW who has become Canadian does something good then the Philippines claims him as one of their own

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ........ so true Dave ..... but not just Canadian but ANY nationality no matter where they live ..... if their mother shook hands with a Filipino at anytime during their life and the kid does something above average they claim him ....... very hard to understand ... at least for me .... but then I'm not proud or boastful ..... or need a hero ..... maybe that is the difference ..... oh well ... I can live with it ..... :hystery: :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

The following common items are classified as prohibited items and are not allowed to be brought into the Philippines:

• Onions, potatoes, garlic and cabbages
  • Coffee
  • Used clothing and rags
  • Toy guns

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The following common items are classified as prohibited items and are not allowed to be brought into the Philippines:

• Onions, potatoes, garlic and cabbages
  • Coffee
  • Used clothing and rags
  • Toy guns

Not sure how this relates to the topic but that is old, old OLD legislation that was repealed in 1996. See the post about it here:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Viewing recent Filipino readers comments to the tragic shooting news articles is showing a distinctively anti Foreigner sentiment. It's understandable any normal person would be shocked and sickened.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/01/22/899841/canadian-shoots-dead-2-inside-cebu-city-court

• Like 3