Us Passport Questions

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Dave, you may have her family to fall back on but I would still recommend having some way to get back to the US if needed...  A credit card, line of credit at your old bank, anything to avoid a nasty time if things don't turn out and help isn't available.  Maybe your bank in the US could pre-approve you for an emergency loan if needed?

Agreed - and I do - I have a well off friend that owes me 2k. I asked that, it be my "plan B". Of course that only gets me back to US. No place to stay, no income.....

But, atleast a way back

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

For a Filipina to get a Canadian tourist visa, we get and fill out the application forms online. Then I call the Canadian Embassy in Manila on a 900 number. They check that I have the required forms, tell me what the fee is to include, then they give me a reference number and a pick up date. Next day, Air 21 courier comes to my door and picks up the package (forms, fee, passport). In 10 to 14 days, Air 21 returns the package from the embassy. I assume the courier that embassies use are bonded. We have used the courier 4 times now. No problems.

Likely the same procedure could be used to renew a passport from any country. The expired passport with the entry stamp would be returned with the new one. Ask if you need to transfer your entry stamp or if you just bring both passports with you upon your exit.The embassy cuts the corner off the old one to show that it is invalid. There should be no need to go to either Cebu or Manila. Relax where you are.

• Like 1

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

My new passport arrived today. Extra pages and 10 years before it will be a problem again. Thanks for all who pushed me to get it done.

I havve also arrainged for 2 "escape" plans in the event I do not succeed in living on my limited plans.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My new passport arrived today. Extra pages and 10 years before it will be a problem again. Thanks for all who pushed me to get it done.

I havve also arrainged for 2 "escape" plans in the event I do not succeed in living on my limited plans.

Thanks again

We knew if we pushed you hard enough you would do the right thing.  :lol:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I applied for my passport on Friday the 13th this month and received it today, the 20th, with the expedite option 7 days is not a bad wait :). I almost feel outraged! It's like they couldn't wait to get rid of me.  :hystery:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2