I Made It To The Pi's!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Tuka, I'm glad to hear that your landing was soft and good luck with getting established in the right place!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

acman
Posted
Posted

Congrats on your new life,wishing you all the best!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Tuka, Tuka, Tuka...  

You complained of not getting enough sleep but your picture clearly shows that you...  hehe!   :mocking:

Congrats young man!  Now I am going into my room for a little privacy, a lot of jealousy and a great big cry.... :unsure:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thanks for the post, i was about to PM and ask if your here,

but I do want to ask some personal questions.

what was your 1st impressions of the manila airport? and there?

when you went thru immigration what did you think/feel?

health. have you had any health issues other than the jet lag?

(forum may edit this) was your movements normal or some issues when 1st arrived?

has your body adjusted?

have you found a bank that you feel"comfortable"?

experienced the "kano tax"yet?

please share w/us anything that may help us or those not yet here what you have gone thru so far.

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

sounds like you ve arrived seen the elaphant and are well on your way to a great adventure

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Ah! Living to good life now.... Next time though... read the FINE print! :hystery: You failed to mention about the pick up with 8 Pinoys... were did the fat kano ride? :dance:

Give yourself 2-3 weeks then high tail it to the city! Just remember that mantra and repeat it often... It is BETTER in the Philippines... or something like that!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tuka,

I really enjoyed you narrative. Please send more.

When you miss the taste of good bread, there is a pub/bakery for the European/American community in Iloilo City. My host, who is a retired German, and I visited the place so he can purchase their bread requirements for the week. (Wife is a Filipina who worked in Germany and she is bi-cultural -- eats both rice and bread.) I thought it would be a shopping mall. Instead, it was in a residential area with a high wall and a small exterior sign. You rang the bell and inside was this home converted to a German pub. He had telephoned ahead and so the bread was ready for pick-up.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I've replied to this a couple times but my crazy phone sometimes does... sometimes does not.  I love my internet cafe.

What did I say in those replies???   Who knows...   So let's try again.

My health has gotten better since I got here.  My sinuses have been so bad for months I was about 75% deaf, the doctors could find nothing wrong.  I told them it felt like I was under water and needed to equalize my ears.  Got on the airplane and one good pop and I am fine.  Shows what doctors know ha ha. 

I was snoring terribly until I bought a good pillow ₱850 (they thought I was crazy).  But you should see the beauty I left at home....  we do have to rough it sometimes.

I am planning on using BDO for my banking but can't until I get my ACR1 card.  I just got here on 14FEB13 but already did 2 visa extensions.  So I am good until June but more importantly I already  have an ACR1 card on the way.  Should take 2 weeks to come from Manila,  they say.

Someone asked about movements and I assume they mean bowel movements.  First I think if bowel movements is a topic for serious conversation it is a sign that you are old!  Guess I am old :lol:   The only issue I have  is balance.  How in the heck do use  these squat toilets?  No other issues luckily.  But as a frequent traveler I have never had issues.   And I drink the water ha ha.   But I should have brought a lot more of those flushable wipes.  Oh well, maybe in a care package from family...

Still living in the province and still having fun  :tiphat:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

And I drink the water ha ha.   But I should have brought a lot more of those flushable wipes.  Oh well, maybe in a care package from family...

I"m gonna make your day...  You can get them there...  Somewhere in Cebu at least....  hehe!

I saw a brand of flushable wipes advertised on one of the main stores advertising in Cebu.  I thought it was a misprint...  something shown on special?  Or maybe it was just an example of products...  Can't remember...  Don't ask me the store or the price...  I just remember seeing them and thinking "Gee...  That's nice."  Actually I was probably thinking "Do they think somebody other than a Kano is going to buy them?"

jpbago
Posted
Posted

What! You don't have a bidet!

Flushable wipes are not good for septic tanks, if that is what you have. Water is better.

• Like 1