I Made It To The Pi's!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

they are digging a hole for the waste. they say it never needs emptying... i dont understand the plumbing magic.

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

Tuka, I saw some pretty sweet looking 5 gal. buckets at True Value today. That and a US$25 plastic toilet seat (prolly worth $2) and you'll be living like them big shots in Beverly Hills! :)

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some pretty nice squirt water guns, too...for you bidet fans. Target practice and hygiene all at once! Lol

Edited by Will
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

they are digging a hole for the waste. they say it never needs emptying... i dont understand the plumbing magic.

They do need emptying but, if you do it right, not for a few years...

Make sure that you have a good drainage field put in with that septic tank and get yourself some septic tank starter (a bacteria) like Septo-Bac to activate it with.  This will hopefully eat the solids (use your imagination...  hehe) sufficiently so that it will only need to be cleaned out every few years.  And most of that cleaning will be your wet wipes if you continue to use them.  Do yourself and favour and get the bucket.  And if you need to, get some toilet paper for yourself.  But get something that comes apart very easily when wet.  And not the heavy heavy thick stuff.  Hopefully the bacteria will eat most of this and will be run out of the tank as a liquid into your drainage field.  

They are putting in a drainage field, right?

:rolleyes:

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

congrats, hope someday to do same

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Solids.........whats that like, cannot remeber the last time that happened for me!!!

:lol:

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

*Note to Self #7...when packing the next box...throw in a couple of toilet seats - new preferred I am thinking...and when packing for the 'real move'...hand pick (the seat) 3 nice seats, comfy and all that and ship to PI...1 seat as primary...2nd seat as secondary...3rd seat as welcoming gift for a long suffering yet deserving Ex-Pat*

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

*Note to Self #7...when packing the next box...throw in a couple of toilet seats - new preferred I am thinking...and when packing for the 'real move'...hand pick (the seat) 3 nice seats, comfy and all that and ship to PI...1 seat as primary...2nd seat as secondary...3rd seat as welcoming gift for a long suffering yet deserving Ex-Pat*

Look on the bright side... at least you don't have to buy a HEATED SEAT like oh... say... BOB! Gets mighty cold up in the norther suburbs of the USA.  

Hey! Buy one of those oak wood seats!  That will cause a seizure in the locals looking at it and the cost... but you can maybe have them custom made out of local wood then and you will be known as the Philippine King of crapper seats!   :hystery:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

They do need emptying but, if you do it right, not for a few years...

Make sure that you have a good drainage field put in with that septic tank and get yourself some septic tank starter (a bacteria) like Septo-Bac to activate it with.  This will hopefully eat the solids (use your imagination...  hehe) sufficiently so that it will only need to be cleaned out every few years.  And most of that cleaning will be your wet wipes if you continue to use them.  Do yourself and favour and get the bucket.  And if you need to, get some toilet paper for yourself.  But get something that comes apart very easily when wet.  And not the heavy heavy thick stuff.  Hopefully the bacteria will eat most of this and will be run out of the tank as a liquid into your drainage field.  

They are putting in a drainage field, right?

:rolleyes:

They don't put in a drainage tile system here. The septic tank has no cement  bottom. It goes all the way down to China and then comes back as plastic toys. Our tank is 8 years old and no clean out yet. No paper also.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

They don't put in a drainage tile system here. The septic tank has no cement  bottom. It goes all the way down to China and then comes back as plastic toys. Our tank is 8 years old and no clean out yet. No paper also.

But are you on a well?  You want the septic field away run away from your well so that you don't contaminate all your well water.