I Made It To The Pi's!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

*Note to Self #7...when packing the next box...throw in a couple of toilet seats - new preferred I am thinking...and when packing for the 'real move'...hand pick (the seat) 3 nice seats, comfy and all that and ship to PI...1 seat as primary...2nd seat as secondary...3rd seat as welcoming gift for a long suffering yet deserving Ex-Pat*

Look on the bright side... at least you don't have to buy a HEATED SEAT like oh... say... BOB! Gets mighty cold up in the norther suburbs of the USA.  

Hey! Buy one of those oak wood seats!  That will cause a seizure in the locals looking at it and the cost... but you can maybe have them custom made out of local wood then and you will be known as the Philippine King of crapper seats!   :hystery:

Now Bruce, we all know that the up here in Canada, we enjoy our summers and then move down to our winter estates in the lower 48...  Now if we can just figure out some way of getting rid of all those squatters who call themselves Floridians...!

I have to admit...  I was thinking of packing a really good quality Oak seat and bringing with me...  Now should I have a natural coloured one?  Or a deep oil-rubbed look? 

:mocking:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Now Bruce, we all know that the up here in Canada, we enjoy our summers and then move down to our winter estates in the lower 48... Now if we can just figure out some way of getting rid of all those squatters who call themselves Floridians...!

Well Bob... there is actually 2 Canadas you know. The real Canada then then those living on the east coast.... Sadly we in Florida, do not see enough 'real Canadians" but instead are under seige yearly from those eastern Canadians ( My sister in law is a Franco Phone from NS or Newbrunswick??? Eh! ).  

I once had a conversation with a man from western Canada who said that all of Canada can / should refuse to vote because their vote does not count when compared to the population of the east end of Canada and their vote. He was not happy! Strange for a Canadian.... :hystery:

As for an oak toilet seat... but the fancier one and also buy a cushioned one and then, when your helpers see them and use them (after proper instruction of course) they will tell all their friends and you can charge 1 peso admission to look, 5 pesos to use!

I do not know the Pinoy translation for 'Toilet Mannor' but do inquire and have a  fancy sign carved or printed saying so and post on the front of your house! Why I bet they start jeepney tours just to bring locals to see the new attraction of the Canadian with enough money to have CUSHIONED toilet seats! :hystery:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Now Bruce, we all know that the up here in Canada, we enjoy our summers and then move down to our winter estates in the lower 48... Now if we can just figure out some way of getting rid of all those squatters who call themselves Floridians...!

Well Bob... there is actually 2 Canadas you know. The real Canada then then those living on the east coast.... Sadly we in Florida, do not see enough 'real Canadians" but instead are under seige yearly from those eastern Canadians ( My sister in law is a Franco Phone from NS or Newbrunswick??? Eh! ).  

I once had a conversation with a man from western Canada who said that all of Canada can / should refuse to vote because their vote does not count when compared to the population of the east end of Canada and their vote. He was not happy! Strange for a Canadian.... :hystery:

As for an oak toilet seat... but the fancier one and also buy a cushioned one and then, when your helpers see them and use them (after proper instruction of course) they will tell all their friends and you can charge 1 peso admission to look, 5 pesos to use!

I do not know the Pinoy translation for 'Toilet Mannor' but do inquire and have a  fancy sign carved or printed saying so and post on the front of your house! Why I bet they start jeepney tours just to bring locals to see the new attraction of the Canadian with enough money to have CUSHIONED toilet seats! :hystery:

I actually spent half of my life in Nova Scotia where New Brunswick was looked at as a "western' province...   :mocking:

I will consider bringing the oak seat but not the padded seat...  I am not comfortable having to hear a seat that makes sounds like a fart when I only get as far as sitting down...

:hystery:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I actually spent half of my life in Nova Scotia where New Brunswick was looked at as a "western' province...

Well then... perhaps you can tell some of the Pinoys on the form the major difference in driving in the US... and hitting a white tail vs, driving in Canada and hitting a

%^(*&^&^% MOOSE! :hystery:

My Franco Phone (am I saying that right?) sister in law is a very loving and touching and hugging warm, et al person... all the things that I am NOT. For years when she would see me if I came up on a holiday she would start the hugging crap. I finally managed to break her of the habit... by saying LOUDLY.... OK, but just a hug this time... no TONGUE!   :nudie: And that seems to have worked so far......  

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

They don't put in a drainage tile system here. The septic tank has no cement  bottom. It goes all the way down to China and then comes back as plastic toys. Our tank is 8 years old and no clean out yet. No paper also.

But are you on a well?  You want the septic field away run away from your well so that you don't contaminate all your well water.  

No septic field (drainage tile system). The tank has a top and 4 sides. The inside bottom is the septic field. I am on city water but my neighbour's well is close to my tank. We are in a subdivision.

Wait until you see how the wells are used here. In the squatter areas, there is a well every 50 meters or so. The houses are inches apart and everyone uses the well for everything. Everyone showers with their clothes on using the hand pump on top of the well. Everyone washes all their clothes and dishes on top of the well everyday all day long. Everything drains down into the well. A few times a year, the whole area floods 1 to 3 feet above the well. Don't tell the health inspector.

• Like 1