Fillipinas Travelling Out Of The Phils

Curley
Posted
Posted

Actually, the travel agent is correct. Colombia is the capital of South Carolina! :hystery: In the US.

As added piece of mind, and I have no idea of the costs, but is hiring an attorney just to walk her thru the gate an option?

That could be a good option, thanks

Curley
Posted
Posted

She will be denied if she doesn't have a return flight to the Philippines also.

/

True, she will have a one year ticket, if the relationship fails, she has her ticket home and is a requirement for her exit fron the Phils and her entry into Colombia

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

There are law offices here that specialize in getting folks out of the country legally. If you like I can pick up a flyer from the good folks that pass them out at the St. Lukes Clinic here in Manila. That is where all the visa applicants get their physicals.

That would be great, many thanks.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

If she gets a flight that stops in the US, she will definitely need a US Visa.

Yes, there is a KLM flight that avoids the US

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Another thing to consider if she has not flown before is coaching her on getting through airport security, what items are prohibited, what she can carryon, etc. Also coach her on the process of checking in to airline, checking baggage, getting exit clearance (1620 pesos), airport terminal fee, immigration and boarding plane.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

getting exit clearance (1620 pesos)

The 1620 peso one is actually the travel tax, just for Philippine citizens.  There may an exit clearance as well?

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe there's one thing everyone is missing here.  There's a big difference between a Filipino going to another country as a tourist and migrating there, which seems to apply is this case.  I have some experience because I have done both.  For example, if she was going to Hong Kong with her husband as a tourist she would only need a Passport but migrating to another country could take months to complete all the requirements.  It took 9 month to complete the process before my Fiancee could travel to the USA.

I don't know what the requirements are for Colombia but she would at the very least have to attend a seminary for Filipinos migrating to another country which is a Philippines requirement and she may need a medical exam and vaccinations.

The link below lists the countries a Filipino can travel to without a visa.  It says 90 days for Colombia so now we don't know if its 90 days or 120.  Things change so you need to check with immigration for the current information. If you go down the page you will see where it says "Information is intended for tourist visa purpose only"

http://twentyfive.hubpages.com/hub/Visa-Exemption-for-Filipinos

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The excuse of Human Trafficking is what is usually the problem.  Many times women trying to travel out of the country alone are accused of trying to leave illegally as OFWs and without having obtained the necessary permits, etc.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The excuse of Human Trafficking is what is usually the problem.  Many times women trying to travel out of the country alone are accused of trying to leave illegally as OFWs and without having obtained the necessary permits, etc.

Because of 2 things.

1. The government treats the lay people as basically incometent and there foreneed to be managed and told what to do as opposed to a work - at - will labor force.  

2. The government tries to collect fees and fees and, oh yes, fees on people trying to go abroad to work. Now, compare and contrast to a fee work - at - will policy.

A policy that instead encourages workers to leave and then send home MORE money! Sure the government collects less fees up front, but then collects remittence      fees and less money spent on families that now get money sent to them. A policy that may offer a simple fee based work permit, no stings attached. Pay for the permit and go off to seek work.           

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I notice in this topic about the need for a US visa if stopping at an airport in the US even to refuel. I have no idea about the US but in Australia all the passenger would need is a transit visa. My guess that would not be so hard to get if they have them in the US as its not like if one was asking to stay a month.