Fillipinas Travelling Out Of The Phils

Americano
Posted
Posted

If the plane is only stopping in the US for refueling and no one can get off the plane then why would the passengers need a visa?  The US government is real stupid when it comes to enforcing immigration laws.  Illegal aliens walk across the US Mexican border every day and very little is done about it.  No one knows how many millions of illegals are in the US and yet its almost impossible for a foreigner to enter the US by the legal way.

brock
Posted
Posted

I want to bring Nesa over to Europe for a few months later this year, I will not be travelling with her, Will she have any trouble leaving the country ?, I don't want to pay out maybe 50 or 60,000 peso only for her to be refused to board the plane, because that would really piss me off.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I want to bring Nesa over to Europe for a few months later this year, I will not be travelling with her, Will she have any trouble leaving the country ?, I don't want to pay out maybe 50 or 60,000 peso only for her to be refused to board the plane, because that would really piss me off.

Single Pinay, under the age of 16 (JUST KIDDING!) 25, and I expect you will have some issues. There is an assumption she is going to Europe to work as a nanny / helper et al.

A picture is worth 1000 words... no no matter what prep you make, as soon as she arrives in the airport and shows her face... the assumptions come into play.

Plan ahead. Make friends with some one in BI and have then walk her thru the airport....

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Does she have all the necessary visas for the places she will visit ( shengen or UK)plus evidence she can fund herself (or her sponser can) for the entire trip, then of course she'll need the return ticket.....dont know about under the age of 25, my Mrs was older than that when she travelled to Europe for the first time.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

I am ok on the age score Bruce, Nesa is 25  :) ... I wont be in the country to walk her through the airport, She will be on her own.

I will be seeing about getting her a Schengen visa, I wouldn't have thought she needed to show she had enough money to support her self while abroad, That would be the country that is supplying the visa that would want to know that ?, Wouldn't it.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I am ok on the age score Bruce, Nesa is 25  :) ... I wont be in the country to walk her through the airport, She will be on her own.

I will be seeing about getting her a Schengen visa, I wouldn't have thought she needed to show she had enough money to support her self while abroad, That would be the country that is supplying the visa that would want to know that ?, Wouldn't it.

The Philippines asks for it too - especially for young women.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Yes Brock, the country supplying the visa are the only ones im aware of that need to see all the requirements, theyll only look out for the return ticket at the airport in the Philippines as far as my experiences have gone.

I found the French embassy in Pacific Star building in Makati city to be very helpful when we made our application, they even informed me that next time I wouldnt have to pay the fee as we were already married..... As far as I can remember, we had to make an plans of our proposed travel with flights and such....we didnt want to finalise arrangements until we had been to the UK so we just gave them tour plans without actually booking any of it, in the end our final dates werent the same as the ones we took to the embassy. :)

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Also the Philippines may require her to know the names of your ex-wife's, the names and ages of your kids, and the names of your dogs and cats.  Just joking about the cats.

The Philippines is famous for having requirements that foreigners could never think of. Therefore I hope someone on this forum had a similar experience of trying to help a Filipino woman travel to the UK so they can give you some advice.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

It is not so much meeting the requirements as it is her drawing attention to herself and then having to answer questions.

You go buy beer in the US and no issues. She tries and gets carded..... all due to the attention young attractive women draw to themselves. I do not want to get on a soap box here... but under that younger women drawing attention (Unwanted), after working in OB/GYN for so many years, can tell horror stories about women in uniform tripping over themselves to pay attention to a 15 yr old who comes in.....