Australia To Cebu

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

2 questions.

(1)   I read somewhere, (can't find it now) that a girl arriving from Europe, landed at Manila International,

walked to the domestic airport and bought a ticket for the next available flight to Cebu at the desk there.

Does that sound right ? Is that a workable scenario ?

(2)   If I fly Jetstar via Singapore, I get an 11hr stopover. (Just about manageable in Singapore)

But someone told me (can't remember who) that Jetstar uses the budget terminal at Singapore,

which doesn't allow access to terminals 2 and 3 which contain the cinema and other

ways to pass the time. Is this so ?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

As for Question #1... YES!!! and NO!!!!!!

Once upon a time, there were 2 terminals at the Manila Airport. A domestic and an international. Side by side...(see on google earth) worked like a charm. And anytime that things work reasonably well, the government wants to change things. So they built terminal # 3. Next to the other two terminals you ask? Why NO. It ain't even close and you can't walk to it.

So, depending on where the domestic flight leaves from, either the actual domestic terminal (right next to the international terminal) or the new terminal #3.... is a big difference.

ANYONE flying into Manila should research where your connecting flight leaves from. You will need a shuttle or a taxi ride to get to the terminal #3. Allow for time!

So, assuming that the woman from Europe did this prior to 6 months ago, then yes, out of international into domestic and buy a ticket for the next flight out. Today... possible if the next flight out is in the domestic terminal or with a shutttle or taxi ride and a delay for travel between the international terminal and terminal #3.

Depends on which airline she flew out on. Unless you know when and which carrier, you are following a cold trail.... They all fly to Cebu. From either the old domestic terminal or terminal #3.

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Ok Bruce, thanks. So If I book a flight from Manila to Cebu before setting off from here, how much time to allow between

landing and leaving for Cebu. (worst case scenario, so I imagine the more distant terminal 3) I will have no check in bags.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Ok Bruce, thanks. So If I book a flight from Manila to Cebu before setting off from here, how much time to allow between

landing and leaving for Cebu. (worst case scenario, so I imagine the more distant terminal 3) I will have no check in bags.

If you are flying PAL go to their website philippineair.com and check for the page showing which terminal they use for the flights to Cebu. If you are still Down Under, you may be able to fly direct to Cebu and not have to go to Manila at all. His Jollyness does it. So wait for a Aussie to answer the question or do a travel site search from your area airport to Cebu and see what is available.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Singapore airlines fly direct to Cebu from Australia- Singapore- Cebu. My trips lay over time is 3 hours. I think since they now aligned with virgin blue some time changes have been made. You can book on virgin or Singapore but it seems Singapore Air show special prices where Virgin do not the last time I looked. 

post-1-0-39036200-1361672566_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-13671500-1361672561_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I believe the flights to Cebu from Manila via PAL depart from Terminal 2

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Singapore airlines fly direct to Cebu from Australia- Singapore- Cebu. My trips lay over time is 3 hours. I think since they now aligned with virgin blue some time changes have been made. You can book on virgin or Singapore but it seems Singapore Air show special prices where Virgin do not the last time I looked. 

attachicon.gifflight 1.jpg

attachicon.gifflight 2.jpg

In looking at that price (cheapest flight) you are paying about what I pay for a flight between LA and Manila which is double the distance. Aren't their any discount flights from Australia to the Philippines?

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Yes Bruce, there are, but it seems the cheaper the flight, the longer the lay over. Tiger will do it for below $700 ( if memory serves)

but lay over in Singapore is about 21hrs. Currently looking at Jetstar (also below $700) with an 11hr lay over in Singapore.

Which takes me nicely into question 2

Cathay Pacific will do it for $1060 with a layover of 1.5hrs each way in Hong Kong ( a good option)

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ah, a quick seach tells me the budget terminal at Singapore was dismantled Sept. last year.

Jetstar, apparently, has always used terminal 1. Terminals 1. 2. and 3. are all connected by

Skytrains. That's good.

I'm now out of time and have to go to work.

Pity I haven't time to have a beer and ponder the question re babies and balls, Bruce.

Oh well, another day. Have one for me !

Edited by Classic Dry
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes Bruce, there are, but it seems the cheaper the flight, the longer the lay over. Tiger will do it for below $700 ( if memory serves)

but lay over in Singapore is about 21hrs. Currently looking at Jetstar (also below $700) with an 11hr lay over in Singapore.

Which takes me nicely into question 2

Cathay Pacific will do it for $1060 with a layover of 1.5hrs each way in Hong Kong ( a good option)

With Australia as big as it is, I do not know why there are no direct flights. There should be plenty of Aussie asses to fill the seats for direct flights. Especially to Manila at least. But with Cebu growing as fast as it is, it should not be too far behind in Aussie travelers.

• Like 1