Australia To Cebu

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Oh, SHRUBBERY is it? Them's fighting words Bruce baby ! Ok, when (if ever) we meet, it's unshelled Balut

at 4 yards ! Double points for a head shot. And may the best man win !!!!

Sad. So sad. Oh well, just remember that in the battle of witts... you are unarmed! Anyone  named after Ginger Ale... well what do you expect.... :hystery:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Oh, SHRUBBERY is it? Them's fighting words Bruce baby ! Ok, when (if ever) we meet, it's unshelled Balut

Sad. So sad. Oh well, just remember that in the battle of witts... you are unarmed! Anyone  named after Ginger Ale... well what do you expect.... :hystery:

I didn't want to mention the Ginger Ale aspect because I would hate to disillusion the poor lad that he is not Canadian...  Canada Dry of course!

Now Bruce, if you are aiming at shorter flights because you don't want to sleep in the airport or a hotel any more than you want to, why not take that Black card and upgrade to sit in the front of the bus...  You know the ones - where the seats drop down and form an actual bed?  And they put these little walls around you so you can say you had your own bedroom?  Or do you need to upgrade that card to Platinum?  Heck, if you can afford the Platinum card, you could rent your own aircraft so quit the biatchin' already!  Go rent!  Sheeshh!!!

:mocking:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I didn't want to mention the Ginger Ale aspect because I would hate to disillusion the poor lad that he is not Canadian...  Canada Dry of course!

Now Bruce, if you are aiming at shorter flights because you don't want to sleep in the airport or a hotel any more than you want to, why not take that Black card and upgrade to sit in the front of the bus...  You know the ones - where the seats drop down and form an actual bed?  And they put these little walls around you so you can say you had your own bedroom?  Or do you need to upgrade that card to Platinum?  Heck, if you can afford the Platinum card, you could rent your own aircraft so quit the biatchin' already!  Go rent!  Sheeshh!!!

Ha! While I do have an AMEX... it is still green and I have never, ever used it. My other cards work better for me. Actually, although off topic, my 9 yr old daughter used a card with 0% interest for 1 yr to buy a new Scion B back in 2006. Very funny as the sales staff did not want to refuse the sale but had never had a kid come in to work the deal.... I was out in the parking lot and they really were perplexed with what to do. They did run the card and when it went through and she signed the receipt as she usually does, they finally asked to see her mother or father!  

Here is my flying plan... I ALWAYS book seat 62C or 82C or similar. Because isle 61 and 81 are emergency exits with 6' of room in front of you. But you can no prebook those seats. They cost $50 extra and when you are at the ticket counter, you tell the agent you want a b or c of that exit isle and she will make a call and get approval. This way, I am not trapped and can get up and walk or move around at will. If all those seats are taken (never happend) then at worse I am in a isle seat and next to the head which is where I wanted to be.

Based on a 747 400 series flown by PAL. If I did not have to connect to a flight to Tacloban, then I would / may fly another carrier if I was based in Manila or Cebu.

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Sad. So sad. Oh well, just remember that in the battle of witts... you are unarmed! Anyone named after Ginger Ale... well what do you expect....

Well Bruce, for those of us without wit, being armless (or even legless) is not a major problem !

Go to   Youtube--Monty Python--The Black Knight

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Sad. So sad. Oh well, just remember that in the battle of witts... you are unarmed! Anyone named after Ginger Ale... well what do you expect....

Well Bruce, for those of us without wit, being armless (or even legless) is not a major problem !

Go to   Youtube--Monty Python--The Black Knight

Yes! All good and well, but 'dad' will yell at us again if we do not make a reasonable attempt to stay ON TOPIC! :th_thholysheep:

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Ok. Back to topic (sort of) I can't seem to quote Bob's post re spending time safely in airports.

I've done my share. The worst was 12hrs in Brunei. 'orrible place, and lousy airport food, with

an exchange rate (in the cafe) of dollar for dollar.

Ok, lets call that it !

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Lupin

NOT Monty Python's Danis Moore and Lupins...  But the timing was great!  Thanks guys!

Worse time I ever got stuck in an airport was in Lupin, North West Territories, Canada.

Snowed into the airport for 76 hours before I could get to a hotel.  Yup - 3 days and 4 hours sitting in a plastic chair with my luggage chained to my belt.

I would definitely prefer to have flown from Cebu to Australia or vice versa regardless of any layovers!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes! All good and well, but 'dad' will yell at us again if we do not make a reasonable attempt to stay ON TOPIC!

You betcha son  :)

Funny just a few days ago I see on another forum the owner giving a lecture of why to stay on topic. But look what you done, now I'm off topic .  I will go to my room.   :rolleyes:

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Oh, that's nothing Bob ! When I was a lad we lived in a cardboard box in the

middle of the street. We 'ad nuthin to eat but an 'andful 'o gravel now 'an then.

And we were 'appy as pigs in shot.

*hmmm...me thinks I am hearing echos of Monty Python...* 

Well played young man! :tiphat:

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Funny just a few days ago I see on another forum the owner giving a lecture of why to stay on topic.

YOU VISIT OTHER FORUMS ????? You bounder ! You turncoat ! You snake in the grass !

• Like 2