Australia To Cebu

Bundy
Posted
Posted

With Australia as big as it is, I do not know why there are no direct flights. There should be plenty of Aussie asses to fill the seats for direct flights. Especially to Manila at least. But with Cebu growing as fast as it is, it should not be too far behind in Aussie travelers.

Yes there are plenty of direct flights from Australia into Manila. Qantas and Philippine Airlines are two that come to mind immediately.

We're just cheapskates and like to find the lowest prices hehehehe especially when you're going backwards and forwards as much as we have done over the years it really adds up to a BIG saving if you shop around.

Used to be direct flights into Cebu in years gone by as well but they dissappeared due to lack of passengers i guess.

Jetstar also flies into Manila via Darwin and this is the way we have gone the last two times.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes Bruce, there are, but it seems the cheaper the flight, the longer the lay over. Tiger will do it for below $700 ( if memory serves)

but lay over in Singapore is about 21hrs. Currently looking at Jetstar (also below $700) with an 11hr lay over in Singapore.

Which takes me nicely into question 2

Cathay Pacific will do it for $1060 with a layover of 1.5hrs each way in Hong Kong ( a good option)

The thing is though, when you add on the bits and pieces after they show you the cost of the flight it adds up more. Typical low cost carrier. Jetstar only go to Manila so then another cost from Manila to Cebu and return if your coming back and if you have to add a night in a hotel there is not much of a saving.

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

The thing is though, when you add on the bits and pieces after they show you the cost of the flight it adds up more. Typical low cost carrier. Jetstar only go to Manila so then another cost from Manila to Cebu and return if your coming back and if you have to add a night in a hotel there is not much of a saving.

Yes JGF, if you're not careful the "extras" can escalate to a point where you're not saving much at all but to to give you an example of what i'm saying, on my return to Cebu i paid $307 for my Jetstar ticket and $34 for my Cebu Pacific ticket all in and no overnighting anywhere so if you are careful and book things yourself online you CAN save.

I have also flown with singapore airlines/silk air a couple of times when i didn't have the time to mess around finding cheaper flights, it is definitely more convenient but you do pay for the priviledge.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have often designed my travel around graphs like Jetstar 30 day graph, the prices change dramatically from day to day often. Darwin or Malaysia has been the route in recent times...

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My Gosh!  Worrying about a little thing like a layover in a foreign country of several hours?  Get yourself a chain style bicycle lock, put it through all the handles to your bags and then through a belt loop on your pants.  Find a comfy chair and grab a snooze.  I've done this for years for anything up to a 8 hour wait and never had a problem.  Actually this gives me time to get everything together, get ready for the next part of the trip, grab a bite to eat and even freshen up a bit.  Nothing gets stolen without bolt cutters.  And I still usually have time for a quick nap on the side. 

Some people just are a bit too soft these days.  Why I remember when I was young, we had to walk through blizzards 20 miles each way to get to school and back.  And it was uphill no matter which way you went...   And then there were always bears and cougars and those dreaded beavers we had to watch out for...  And some people complain because they have time for a nap between flights?  Oh my Ethel, where did we go wrong with those young'uns!

:mocking:

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Oh, that's nothing Bob ! When I was a lad we lived in a cardboard box in the

middle of the street. We 'ad nuthin to eat but an 'andful 'o gravel now 'an then.

And we were 'appy as pigs in shot.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

And believe me mates / boys / lads (pick one) I really, truely felt bad for you, well for a nano second or two as I rode past you guys ! Remember the homeless who live in boxes do so because they WANT to... why it must be like CAMPING... without servants, of course... roughing it, loving it.  Frostbite actually becomes you! Brings out those lovely blue hues...

And, like they say... what does not kill you makes you stronger and you are better men today for it? Now, for those of you whom may be the Queen's Subjects, SUCK IT UP MAN! Stiff upper lip and all that! Pipp Pipp! Move along now....

What... why no you may not borrow some of my Grey Poupon! How gauche! You are damn lucky that the airline even offers a 'steerage class' so enjoy it! Would you like some CHEESE to go with that WHINE? I am going to take my Black AmEx card and go back upstairs and take a nice nap before tea is served.... :dreams:

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Not a fan of "Monty Python" then I take it Bruce ?

Don't know how to put in the link, but for those interested go to  -- youtube--monty python--four yorkshiremen

Now then, where were we ? Oh yes. Well, it's all a compromise between price, duration and inconvenience.

I checked out Singapore Airlines to Cebu from Perth. $1400+ Didn't stay to check out the stopover times. Too expensive.

Cathay Pacific is winning right now with a cost of approx $1070 return Perth to Cebu. Stopover 1.5hrs HK going, 7hrs returning.

Jetstar Perth to Manila then flight to Cebu and return (with lengthy stopover Singapore) approx $800

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Not a fan of "Monty Python" then I take it Bruce ?

Don't know how to put in the link, but for those interested go to  -- youtube--monty python--four yorkshiremen

Now then, where were we ? Oh yes. Well, it's all a compromise between price, duration and inconvenience.

I checked out Singapore Airlines to Cebu from Perth. $1400+ Didn't stay to check out the stopover times. Too expensive.

Cathay Pacific is winning right now with a cost of approx $1070 return Perth to Cebu. Stopover 1.5hrs HK going, 7hrs returning.

Jetstar Perth to Manila then flight to Cebu and return (with lengthy stopover Singapore) approx $800

I have only one thing to say about Monty Python........................ SHRUBBERY!

As for the airline and their flights, I still take the shortest time flights (fiesta class) and hour for hour, PAL seems to be best for my needs. But, If I were to live in Manila  / Luzon or Cebu, then I may try other carriers. Cheapest may have been an option 30 years ago when I was as tough as day old bread :th_noproblem: and sleeping on the floor was an option. But now I fly the shortest time between start to arival.   

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Oh, SHRUBBERY is it? Them's fighting words Bruce baby ! Ok, when (if ever) we meet, it's unshelled Balut

at 4 yards ! Double points for a head shot. And may the best man win !!!!

• Like 1