Cebu As Opposed To Boracay Or Puerto Galera?

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Well Folks,

As i know theres a large number of you in Cebu, My question as above is would you recommend Cebu as a nice summer getaway for a small group of friends I have coming to visit me April as a pose to Boracay/ Puerto Galera in terms of what they have to offer?

If so which areas would you recommend, they are quite easy to please in terms of accommodation and wouldn't be looking for anything flashy, just something clean & comfortable located not too far from where all the action occurs. Probably looking at beaches, diving etc during the days, then I know these guys will be dying to get out and about in all the bars to enjoy the local delights of an evening (going to be a real headache for me but got to be the ever pleasing guide)

Any info you pass on is appreciated, maybe Ill see you in April !

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Smells like money! Not cheap things to do, but Cebu is ready to meet those needs. Do you need a tour guide? (not me, PM me for name and email if you do)

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi! are you looking at holy week and for how long, probably easier to find accom in city center rather than beach front if holy week, night action in the city, bars, restaurants etc i can give the heads up on later, can also get details on diving which is good here also.

Edited by Geoff Thomas

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Since you're in Manila, my recommendation is Sabang, Puerto Galera. Easy to get to and has everything I believe you're looking for. Also, much less expensive. 

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Since you're in Manila, my recommendation is Sabang, Puerto Galera. Easy to get to and has everything I believe you're looking for. Also, much less expensive. 

If his 'guests' are looking for nightlife, is that anywhere as available at the same level as in Manila or Cebu? Need to nail it down as to the expectations of the 'guests' to see which is the more important aspecs of a vacation?  

Out on Samar where I am there are no girly bars, several hole in the wall karoke bars with assorted women who did not make the cut in 'the city' and no real night life. I think this is the way it is most areas of Phils except for the real city areas. So if the guys want some good restaurants and bars / bar hopping, I think Cebu is the better choice as a base and then they can go out to do as they want and the group can split up to suit their own needs. (Insert Jake's muff diving joke HERE)

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There's lots of "nightlife" in Sabang, it's one of the more notorious places. Also, nice beaches, diving etc. There are beautiful beaches in Cebu but not around Cebu City; getting a bunch of guys to one of them would be a logistical pain. Boracay is a whole different thing; beautiful (and expensive), but mostly couples.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

I agree. Since you are in Binagonan, Rizal, Puerto Galera or one of the Batangas beaches might be better. You can hire a mini-van for the entire group. Much cheaper than flying to Boracay or Cebu. Definitely avoid Holy Week, which is the last week in March.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

There are stretches of Boracay that are absolutely stunning, but I have fonder memories of Puerto Galera.  Given the costs involved with a group, my vote goes to Puerto Galera!

• Like 4

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies guys, Ive heard all about Sabang and Ive already looked into the costs of travel & it is definitely the easier choice for me as no flights are involved, I was just checking as to what Cebu could offer, thanks MikeB for the heads up on locations of the beach not being so close to Cebu city either, that could be a swaying factor for the boys too. Dont get me wrong theyre not just here for the obvious nightlife things on offer, theyre a bunch of professionals just looking for a getaway with Sun, Beaches & the other great things on offer in most of these places, I think just reading & hearing about the Philippines nightlife is just an added bonus for them to be honest! Thats why Im going with them to make sure theyre all staying under control, understand the do's & dont's and not doing anything stupid during there nights out.....could be alot of bottled water for me if thats the case though (sounds like work more than holiday!)

Ive been telling them all about the costs of Boracay, as beautiful as it is, I still think the other 2 destinations could fill all there needs!

Geoff, I already told the guys to pit there holiday back a week to avoid holy week as the prices are terrible & general atmosphere of places over easter generally is a bit morbid in my opinion anyway, as JJ nicely pointed out anyway, holy week is the last week of March this year.

Thanks again Gents, always appreciated

• Like 3

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Oh and I have the transport myself anyway to travel to Batangas to get the ferry, so should definitely be alot cheaper!

Think Ill still get ober to Cebu at some point though, probably treat the wife to a break when she has some time off work, it cannot be bad seeing as theres so many of you guys living out there!!

• Like 2