Cebu As Opposed To Boracay Or Puerto Galera?

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Just a thought, in Manila 99.9 percent of agents applying for work in the BPO industry speak Tagalog, no matter where in the Philippines they are from. Many of course speak the dialect originating from where they were born and educated. Plus all of them speak to different degrees English.

In Clark Pampanga, most agents speak Kampampangan, and all speak Tagalog, and all speak English.

In Legazpi Bicol, all agents speak Bicolan, and most if not all also speak Tagalog, and once again all agents speak English.

My point here is, what percentage of us "Kanos" have the ability to communicate in at least three different languages.

And people wonder why the Philippines is the number 1 place in the world for the BPO voice industry!

Another example of hour versatile and adaptable Filipinos are.

Papa Carl

I don't know about that, Papa Carl.

I myself speak several languages... English, Canadian, American, Australian, should I go on?

:)

Correct me if I am wrong Bob, but you are a Canadian right? And Canada is officially a bilingual country, correct? So there fore of course you also speak French fluently, am I right? 

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch......, stop kicking me!

Bonjour, Comment ca va?

Au revoir.

Pop pa Carl

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just a thought, in Manila 99.9 percent of agents applying for work in the BPO industry speak Tagalog, no matter where in the Philippines they are from. Many of course speak the dialect originating from where they were born and educated. Plus all of them speak to different degrees English.

In Clark Pampanga, most agents speak Kampampangan, and all speak Tagalog, and all speak English.

In Legazpi Bicol, all agents speak Bicolan, and most if not all also speak Tagalog, and once again all agents speak English.

My point here is, what percentage of us "Kanos" have the ability to communicate in at least three different languages.

And people wonder why the Philippines is the number 1 place in the world for the BPO voice industry!

Another example of hour versatile and adaptable Filipinos are.

Papa Carl

I don't know about that, Papa Carl.

I myself speak several languages... English, Canadian, American, Australian, should I go on?

:)

Correct me if I am wrong Bob, but you are a Canadian right? And Canada is officially a bilingual country, correct? So there fore of course you also speak French fluently, am I right?

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch......, stop kicking me!

Bonjour, Comment ca va?

Au revoir.

Pop pa Carl

Siyempre ako sa Pagsulti sa French...

(Of course I am fluent in French)... Not!

Seriously I wish I was but, after not using it for a few years, I don't remember much of the bit I did know. Of course, I was never fluent but could get around as a tourist without issue...

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Siyempre ako sa Pagsulti sa French...
Of course I speak French in Tagalog! :bash:
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
threadstone
Posted
Posted

I think this all depends on your accommodation need.  If you want to relax on an island paradise you can choose boracay or puerto galera.  but cebu is good too because of the shopping districts and many more...