Maybe 'yaya' To You- But Not To Me!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Is it just me trying to unfairly compare working conditions between a Developed and a Third World country or is 'SLAVERY' alive and well in the Philippines??  I would love to hear the opinions of others!

I GUESS it has more to do with if there are social security or jobs enough  = In e g the Philippines many people HAVE TO stand brats and bad employers to SURVIVE. Otherwice I suppose the "slaves" wouldn't allow it. 

Many abroad working Filipins have it very bad. I know e g:

/one employer to a domestic worker (=food included in the deal) had banting died self, so the domestic worker got only an apple as lunch!

/one is nanny to two small kids, and after they go to sleep, she has to do dishes and such making her work days being 17-18 hours plus sometimes having to go up at nights when needed for the kids. But she is allowed to eat as much as she want, which suit her extra good, because one of her main hobbies is eating   :hystery:    (But she is mini size anyway.)

I suppose strength of labour unions is a factor too when they are to weak.

• Like 5

brock
Posted
Posted

I have known foreigners employ a yaya, The wife doesn't go out to work, So why do they need a yaya, Just idleness in my opinion.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

In my experience and from what I have been told the conditions detailed in your question are not common in Philippines. Sadly I have seen some very arrogant and demeaning behavior in wealthy Filipinos and some Foreigners who think themselves better than others. 

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think I may have quite a bit - albeit different type - of perspective on this topic. I am a single dad, and as such, need yayas. At present, I have three - although they do more than just care for my daughter.

Good post totaly,

but why THREE Ya-Yas for ONE child???

In most countries ONE wife take care of house and SEVERAL children...  :)

• Like 4