Smooth Move!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you have found a bit of heaven for you and your family as well!

Great report and keep us up on the adventures!

:thumbsup:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

When searching for movers use the phrase "Lipat Bahay" which translates as "move home".

I will be moving in the next 2 weeks if the new apt in Baguio is ready on time and have already found a mover that will do the move from San Fernando, La Union to Baguio for just 3000 pesos. That includes the driver and 2 helpers. I expect I will feed them and give them a nice tip since my current apartment is on the third floor and the new apartment is down a path with 90 steps!

Hope my move goes as smoothly as yours.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you have found a bit of heaven for you and your family as well!

Bob you better get your butt over here these little bits of heaven are disappearing fast ....... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Unloading went well too and we sent them on their way with full bellies and a small tip for each.

Did you provide the movers with bento (lunch boxes) or take them to a nearby restaurant? My experience with restaurants is they won't seat at the same table, preferring a separate one and you pay the bill.

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

*whew...thought OnMyWay was going to ask me to help him move when I am there in 'bout 3 weeks*  :dance:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the story about your move. The Filipinos I have talked to may not know what you mean if you say you moved.  They call it transfer.  Even when you move from one chair to another one its called transfer.  This could be different according to the area you live in.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Unloading went well too and we sent them on their way with full bellies and a small tip for each.

Did you provide the movers with bento (lunch boxes) or take them to a nearby restaurant? My experience with restaurants is they won't seat at the same table, preferring a separate one and you pay the bill.

No, the girls cooked food the night before and brought it along, so they had a luxury lunch on our front porch!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the story about your move. The Filipinos I have talked to may not know what you mean if you say you moved.  They call it transfer.  Even when you move from one chair to another one its called transfer.  This could be different according to the area you live in.

Yes, I had to learn all the terms like transfer and Lipat Bahay!

It was painful to watch the guys "transfer" my new refrigerator into the house yesterday.  It is 14.5 cubit feet so it is not a real small one.  Our house has a large front landscaped area and the house is probably 20 feet higher than the road.  3 guys lowered it from the truck, then they balanced the boxed frig on the back of one guy and he walked it up the steep driveway and then up two small flights of stairs to the front door, where they unboxed it.  After they put it in the front door they were able to roll it the rest of the way.  My back was killing me from just watching that guy walk it up the hill on his back!

• Like 4

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

Haha!  I remember when my GF first told me she would transfer and I was very confused for a little while.  Was she changing jobs?  Moving money around at the bank?  Noooooo, she's moving to a new place!  I find these little snippets of strange language use very entertaining for some reason.

When I was there in November I bought her a small ~5-6cu.ft. fridge.  Delivery was 300p and the guy brought it from the truck the same way.  This is down on Mactan.

• Like 4