Army Navy Burger

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Can't believe it ... lived in Cebu for over 5 years and they had no Army Navy Burger place .... with all the ranting and raving about how good the food is I was dying to try it but travel to Manila .... no way .... well one just opened here in little Ol' Bacolod and we tried it today ..... place is kinda small with only seating for 30 people and it was packed .... well it was before we left ... we were lucky to get a table and we held on to it like a dog with a bone .... :hystery: :hystery:  ...... food wasn't to bad ... but kinda expensive .... we to me anyway (menu inclosed) .... hamburger wasn't really that bad and the taco's were great ..... Mooon Cafe is second rate compared to Mex food in ANB ..... the breakfast burrito was OK but they didn't have the steak yet so we had to settle for the linganesa (sp) ....  anyway it is located in the new Ayala Mall right outside Bacolod toward the north ..... took some pictures of the food court which is in a kinda outside patio setting ..... sorry no pictures inside the mall .... "sorry sir not allowed" .....

post-11-0-01314800-1365671589_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-11383600-1365671625_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-62050300-1365671657_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-41487000-1365671693_thumb.jpg  

post-11-0-67727000-1365671726_thumb.jpg    post-11-0-20099000-1365671860_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-36808400-1365671903_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-52199400-1365671815_thumb.jpg 

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Another good burger place in Bacolod is Dalum Baley on Hilado Street across the street from Kuppa Cafe about 3 blocks from Burgos St past the banks near Nara St. They have one called "awesome burger" at 320p. Have a taxi waiting if you eat it all or bring it home to feed the family.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Damn, I haven't ate my dinner yet and now I have a craving for Mexican!

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Damn, I haven't ate my dinner yet and now I have a craving for Mexican!

The VFW hall in the next city south, Bauang, has a bar and a restaurant that serves Mexican. Mexican isn't too bad there. Problem is that the tricycles in San Fernando can't operate in Bauang. So even though it isn't that far, I can't get there by tricycle.

So I had to settle for going out to Pancake House for dinner.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

You guys are killing me -- all that juicy hamburgers, tacos and burritos.....and now Earthdome throws

in the Pancake House!  Tell me Mike S -- did you have to put on your blinders in that target enriched

environment (Ayala Mall)?  I bet all the ladies were also asking where's the beef?

Get some -- Jake

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Jake,

I can no longer stay quiet about your constant puns and play on words.  I love it!  Are you sure you you never worked as an MP or SP?
You remind me of many of my co-workers and myself, except my mind is not as fast.  Maybe I just need to exercise it more in a place with better scenery. 

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Jake,

I can no longer stay quiet about your constant puns and play on words.  I love it!  Are you sure you you never worked as an MP or SP?

You remind me of many of my co-workers and myself, except my mind is not as fast.  Maybe I just need to exercise it more in a place with better scenery. 

Hey Danny,

Yeah, I did some temporary assignments to Shore Patrol while my ship was in Olongapo and Yokoska, Japan. 

Only armed with a night stick against drunken sailors and marines.  Whereas, you guys in law enforcement

(special unit) has all the makings of another Dirty Harry movie.....he, he.

I could just imagine your morning briefing before you hit the streets: going over intelligence report about the

new steak sandwich shops around the New Jersey and NYC area.  It's been awhile since I had a nice Philly

cheese steak sandwich with heaps and heaps of greasy grilled onions and the cheese oozing down to your

uniform.  It's soo good, that a devoted vegetarian will probably have multiple orgasm tasting it....he, he.   

Are they still selling the famous Coney Island hotdogs? 

post-686-0-61447200-1365733925_thumb.jpg

Hungry Jake

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Are they still selling the famous Coney Island hotdogs? CONEY ISLAND HOT DOG.jpg Hungry Jake

Now you got me hungry!

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You know of all the things I miss from the US it has got to be a GOOD hotdog ..... most other stuff I have eventually found (but sadly a lot lacking now that we are here in Bacolod) and some other stuff I have grown to except ...... but no where here in the Phils have I found the perfect hotdog ..... the ones that come close are usually so tuff you can't hardly chew them .... while the rest don't even resemble anything close to a hotdog ..... now I must admit i did find some Hebrew National once in Cebu Ayala but at the price they were wanting I damn sure wasn't going to take a chance and try them ..... Johnsville are good but I don't really consider them a hotdog ..... more on the sausage level ..... PureFoods German and their Purebeef franks are OK and what we eat now .... but like I said you gotta beat'um with a mallet to get them tender enough ....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :cheersty: 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

but like I said you gotta beat'um with a mallet to get them tender enough .... 

Try cooking them  :)

I was surprised to see an Ayala being opened there, I would have thought the city was too small but I guess its growing. What's the expat population there? anyone have an idea?

• Like 1