Army Navy Burger

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Funny thing but Ayala had some land picked out near the new government center but finally gave up after the city council couldn't make up it's mind to let them build or not and their lease ran out ..... I think SM will snap it up as Ayala's lease has expired..... there is a lot of controversy surrounding it but I won't go into detail as I now live here .... but it had to do with someone on the council and a conflict of interest ......  but we all know nothing like that would ever happen in the Phils ..... right .... :mocking: :cheersty:

Sorry I can't help you with the expat count but I have seen quite a few in the malls and walking around ..... got one that lives right next door to me but I don't even know his name ..... we say hi when we happen to meet but then I go about my own business ..... :thumbsup: .

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

You know of all the things I miss from the US it has got to be a GOOD hotdog .

Say Mike, for a good hotdog, go to the wet market and get a 1 kilo bag of wieners for 160p. Not the chicken ones nor the loose ones but the no name bag ones, larger than the average wiener.Then go to Merci Merci and get the buns. Grill them up, load them up. and they are quite good and tasty.

I was surprised to hear of the Ayala Mall opening. I heard that there was a plan but then SM was doing an expansion so Ayala dropped out. I also heard about that area near the Capitol not far from 888 Mall. There are 2 Gaicano Malls, Robinson's. SM, 3 Lopues, and now the new Ayala. All are very busy. I have seen a few expats at SM but only a few. I think the overall population of Bacolod is about 400,000. Some of the businesses from Manila are moving to Bacolod. The airport is now international with flights directly from Korea (South that is)  Bacolod is the center for most of the island, hence lots of traffic. There is a new hospital being built. There isn't much development elsewhere on the island.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Bacolod's population was 485,000 back in 07 so I assume it's over 500,000 now.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

was surprised to hear of the Ayala Mall opening. 

Yea the surprising thing is that the new mall isn't even fully opened yet and they are already on the next expansion ...... it is a little ways from where we live as we are in the south part of the city but by taking the back road it isn't to bad really ..... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Can't believe it ... lived in Cebu for over 5 years and they had no Army Navy Burger place ....

Mike, sorry you missed it but they have an Army Navy at Ayala in Cebu City, in the outdoor area.  I had my first A-N burger there in December.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can't believe it ... lived in Cebu for over 5 years and they had no Army Navy Burger place ....

Mike, sorry you missed it but they have an Army Navy at Ayala in Cebu City, in the outdoor area.  I had my first A-N burger there in December.

WOW ... really ..... and no one has ever mentioned the fact that they have one there ...... even when the long thread about best burgers came up and everyone was ranting and raving about Army Navy burgers .... no one from Cebu said they had one there ...... or maybe it is a well kept secret ..... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Havent tried the burger yet but the burritos are fantastic, Ill head back there sometime this week I think & if I can blank out the burrito, hopefully Ill be able to test their burgers too!

Mike F
Posted
Posted

The Army Navy in Ayala Cebu opened in Dec.

samatm
Posted
Posted

Never been to the one in Ayala , but I've tried two  different locations in Manila.     YUMMY !