Army Navy Burger

Will
Posted
Posted

We went to Army Navy Burger and Burrito at Ayalya today. Ok, here it is:

My order: If you are American, you are not going to like this "burger". The meat is off (too salty, to somethingy!!)The lettuce was good. The bun was an onion kaiser roll, which was ok. I scraped the mayo and kethcup sauce off and put some of the mustard (provided in sqeeze bottles) The mustard was honey dijon, and was sweet. I'm Texan, I like my mustard yellow and tart! (just my preference). I wasn't able to finish my burger, the meat just tasted too bad. I finished the top of the bun, though. I didn't want to hate their burger!  The "Freedom Fries" were mere chips of french fries. More along the lines of potato strings, you find in the can. But they tasted ok.

Wife had the steak burrito. I did not taste of it. She said the meat was "hard" and I knew what that meant. VERY TOUGH meat. But she said the rest of the burrito tasted ok.

Her bottled water and my SML tasted fine.

I forget what we spent, right now. But I can assure you it was too much for the food that we received. We will continue our search for "OUR" restaurant. YMMV.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The Army Navy in Ayala Cebu opened in Dec.

OK that explains it we were in Bacolod in December looking for a place to live and then when we got back we were getting ready to move which we did the end of January ...... Hummmmmm sorry about the bad experiences people are having at Army-Navy .... maybe after more than 5 years and not finding a decent burger my tastes have broadened a bit ..... :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

. I'm Texan, I like my mustard yellow and tart! (just my preference). 

EXACTLY.    I always  tell the burger makers to hold the mayo and ketchup.  that is for sissys as my dad used to say.  No Sissy burgers, this is Texas.     Mustard please for me as well!

My Army Navy Burger  experience in  Manila was excellent two times both a burger and buritto.    Hope  Cebu  can catch up.

Edited by samatm
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I always tell the burger makers to hold the mayo and ketchup. that is for sissys

Weeeeell ........ you silly goose ..... I'll just have to poke you will my parasol ...... so there ..... :36_6_3[1]: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I always tell the burger makers to hold the mayo and ketchup. that is for sissys

Weeeeell ........ you silly goose ..... I'll just have to poke you will my parasol ...... so there ..... :36_6_3[1]: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

I gotta agree!  If you want a good burger, it should not have a lot of vinegar added to it!  Either straight up or a bit of a natural flavour - onion, lettuce, fresh tomato...  The only vinegar I would put on would be a bit of relish and that is to hide the fact that the burger wasn't that good to start with!

Bring back pure beef - outlaw ketchup!

:mocking:

• Like 2

Mike F
Posted
Posted

Growing up in Texas a sissy burger was mayo hold the onions.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Growing up in the real world eating a burger was depending on what you like on it and an individual taste preference so to me no matter who recommends a burger or says this is better or it should have this type of ketchup or sauce as l call it is nothing to use as guide.

I could not imagine someone staying sane opening a burger joint for expats as so many culture induced tastes as well as individual tastes would cause a can not please everyone syndrome.  :)    

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Growing up in the real world eating a burger was depending on what you like on it and an individual taste preference so to me no matter who recommends a burger or says this is better or it should have this type of ketchup or sauce as l call it is nothing to use as guide.

I could not imagine someone staying sane opening a burger joint for expats as so many culture induced tastes as well as individual tastes would cause a can not please everyone syndrome.  :)    

:hystery: :hystery:  :thumbsup: ..... ain't that the truth with something as simple as a hamburger we already have 100 ways to cook it ... put stuff on it or take stuff off it ..... if I was going to open a joint (hamburger that is ... :mocking: ) I would do like one of the best hotdog and sausage places I ever ate at when in the US and that is to put all the extra's and condiments on a side bar ..... just give you the meat (he even had 5-6 types of buns) ..... I swear it took 20 mins. to fix the dog like you wanted .... hell ... they could even have Vegemite to slap on your meat (sic) for you guys from Oz ......  (not sure how good it would go with lettuce and tomato ... catchup .. onion ... pickles ... mustard ... horseradish ... barbeque sauce ... mayo .... chilli (no-beans ... well for Jake anyway ... :hystery: ) ..... WOW ..... just wrap your lips around that monster ...... and as Andy Griffin would say ...... Hummmmmm .. Hummmm ... Good ......  :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
if I was going to open a joint (hamburger that is ... ) I would do like one of the best hotdog and sausage places I ever ate at when in the US and that is to put all the extra's and condiments on a side bar ..... just give you the meat

Hmm thats an idea, now where did I put my drawing board  :tiphat:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

if I was going to open a joint (hamburger that is ... ) I would do like one of the best hotdog and sausage places I ever ate at when in the US and that is to put all the extra's and condiments on a side bar ..... just give you the meat

Hmm thats an idea, now where did I put my drawing board  :tiphat:

Back in the 60's when I was growing up, my dad used to take us to a place near LAX airport that had that concept.  They had fantastic flame broiled burgers, served on the bun, and then you when down an assembly line to pile on what you wanted.  Great memories of a great burger!

• Like 3